Rangers Women - Games and Updates

Bloody hell, could get into the starting 11 for the main team even if just for long distance strikes!

Sadly enough, Erin was signed up by Glasgow City (essentially the FC Bayern of Scottish women football) this season. She's really a star in the making and will hurt "us" quite a bit over the coming season. Likewise, Scotland international Suzanne Mulvey (one of our bst strikers) has joined Sunderland. We have a few new faces too, more of that later on.

SWPL Young Player of the Year Erin Cuthbert joins City

Wednesday, 07 January 2015

Glasgow City are excited to announce the signing of 16 year old midfielder Erin Cuthbert from Rangers.

The Scottish Under 17 international made an impressive step up into the senior game last season and was voted SWPL Young Player of the Year for 2014, becoming a pivotal part of Rangers and Scotland’s midfield.

Awarded with Scottish Youth Football Goal of the Year last season for her strike in the Youth Scottish Cup Final in late 2013, the attacking midfielder is not shy in finding the back and scored twice past City last term.

On joining Glasgow City, Erin said, “I am very excited to have

signed for Glasgow City. I've thoroughly enjoyed my 5 seasons playing for Rangers which I'll never forget. It was a really, really difficult decision to leave Rangers but I must look forward and not back.

“I will be surrounded by International players at Glasgow City and this can only aid my development. The Head Coach Eddie Wolecki Black believes in me and that is absolutely vital to a young player. I joined City to compete, play and win and I now realise there are unique pressures that come with playing for Glasgow City but I am ready for the challenges ahead. It was just too good an opportunity to turn down.”

Commenting on capturing one of the nation’s hottest prospects, Glasgow City Head Coach Eddie Wolecki Black said, “Despite the negative views of the game held by many in this country I am of the opinion that we as a nation develop very good players. Over the years we have managed to bring through a number of our own and added to that when the opportunity has arisen. The signing of Erin shows that this club is very pro-active in identifying talent. We have added undoubtedly one of the top young players in the country to our squad. Despite her tender years I am convinced she will prove to be a fantastic signing for the club and I expect her to make a big contribution to our campaign in 2015.”

SWF News

If the info is correct, the Ladies are not in action, but the Girls are ...

Gemma Fay U17s League Gemma Fay 17s League

08 Mar 15 Rangers - EK Girls 10:00

U17 Youth Leagues 2015 - setup

U15 Youth Leagues 2015 - setup

U13 Youth Leagues 2015 - setup ( no Rangers u13s involved)

Ladies Ready For Season

KEVIN MURPHY is a man with motivation on his mind, and after wholesale changes for the Rangers Ladies he is preparing his girls for a transitional season.

The manager of the Light Blues female contingent was hoping to build on a successful second place finish last season, but after being stripped of five players to sunnier climbs and rivals, his plans have had to be adapted. That in turn has given the 29-year-old a whole new challenge.

The women’s runners-up spot in the Scottish Women’s Premier League was their highest ever finish and they achieved it by losing just four games all season. Murphy believed this season could be the one that saw Rangers claw back Glasgow City’s dominance in the Scottish women’s game. But despite the upheaval, he is still hoping his squad-in-transition can hit the ground running.

... read more on Rangers' HP

Rangers Ladies - senior squad

Rangers Girls - u17s squad

Rangers Ladies & Girls - coaching staff

Rangers Ladies @RFC_Ladies · 4 hrs

Well done to our 17s squad day defeating Dumbarton earlier this morning. Thats 2 wins out of 2. Keep up the hard work!

SWPL - Matchday I - New Douglas Park

Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Ladies

Starting XI vs. Hamilton Accademial Ladies:

Halbert, Foley, Lindsay, O'Neill, Clelland, Gemmell, Ross, Sinclair, Howat, Swanson, Cunningham.

Subs: Johnstone, Karagiozis, Watson, Hughes, Riley.

'1 - Swanson and Cunningham get the game underway!

'6 - GOAL: Rangers take the lead!

'6 - Goal: Natalie Ross played the ball through to Kirsty Howat whose low cross is met by Lisa Swanson at the front post! 0:1

more live updates via Rangers Ladies twitter

Edited by der Berliner

'22 - Ross finds Cunningham who tries her luck but her shot is wide of the post. 0:1

'32 - #Rangers maintaining their pressure but no clear chances for either side to change the score. Still 0:1.

'44 - #Rangers almost double their lead. Howat's deflected shot comes to Sinclair who sees her attempt fizz wide. 0:1

HT: @accieswfc_co_uk 0 - 1 #Rangers ('6 Swanson)

46' - The teams are back out and Accies get us underway again. Come on Rangers! #RLFC

'70 - GOAL: Rangers double their lead! 0:2

'70 - Goal: Hayley Cunningham's low shot was parried away by the Accies keeper but the Gers' forward got on the end of the rebound. 0:2

'74 - GOAL: A third for Rangers! Cunningham the scorer again, this time an effort from 25 yards out. Hamilton 0:3 #Rangers

'85 SUB: Rangers make a triple substitution as Swanson, Clelland and Lindsay make way for Hughes, Karagiozis and Watson. 0:3

'86 GOAL: Rangers extend their lead! Hamilton 0:4 #Rangers

'86 - Goal: Kirsty Howat found herself one-on-one with the 'keeper who was unable to keep the Gers youngster's shot out. 0:4

FT: Hamilton Academical Women 0 - 4 Rangers Ladies (Swanson '6, Cunningham '70 '74, Howat '86)

709c2188730d4b5dd12f70667014177e_S.jpg1ae347252c216c8744266e7d4e156329_S.jpgd1d95e4e60e4de15b60c82330d9b173a_S.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Cunningham Off To A Flyer

RANGERS Ladies forward Hayley Cunningham bagged herself two goals as her side saw off Hamilton with a 4-0 victory in the league opener at New Douglas Park.

Having been a prolific scorer over the past two seasons, it was no surprise to see Cunningham on the score sheet as she found the back of the next twice within five minutes.

She showed herself to be cool and composed as she tucked away a rebound and hit a sweet strike from 25 yards out to help the Light Blues seal the first three points of the season.

read more at Rangers FC

Rangers Ladies play their first home game of the season, KO essentially right now ...

Rangers Ladies @RFC_Ladies · 14 Min

The team out warming up ahead of today's game against Hutchison Vale.

CBQl7S_WUAA5faG.jpg:large

Live updates as per usual via the Rangers Ladies' twitter account:

Rangers Ladies @RFC_Ladies

The teams are out and Swanson and Cunningham get the game underway!

'3 - Lots of pressure from Rangers early on from Clelland and Ross but neither able to get their shot away.

'20 - Still goalless here as there's a stop in play with Karagiozis down receiving treatment.

'30 - Chance for Hutchison Vale as there's a mix up in the Rangers defence but Macfarlane's touch lets her down.

'45 - GOAL! Rangers take the lead.

'45 - Goal: Natalie Ross takes a shot which is first saved but she latches on to the rebound and slots home.

Rangers down to ten players with Megan Foley sent off shortly before half time.

'52 - SUB: Kirsty Howat is replaced by Leeanne Hughes.

'86 - SUB: Lisa Swanson is replaced by Chelsie Watson.

FT: Rangers 1-0 Hutchison Vale (Ross '45)

386b5e2309e2728a45f79947bc53a649_S.jpg

Rangers Ladies @RFC_Ladies · 2. Apr.

Good luck to Hayley Sinclair, Rachael O'Neil, Megan Karagiozis, Sarah Clelland, and Kirsty Howat in Germany with u19s

CBkgn6_WYAAD6W5.jpg:large

Gemma Fay U17s League

05 Apr 15 - Rutherglen vs Rangers (KO 14:00)

SWF ‏@ScotWFootball

Line up: Logan(GK), Clelland, Rafferty, McKerlie, Karagiozis, Harrison, Graham©, Arnot, Williamson, Howat, Turner

Subs: GK Flaherty O'Neill , Mcmahon, Sinclair, Foote, Stewart, Tweedie

SWF ‏@ScotWFootball

#WU19 FT: 90' + 3' Germany 6-0 Scotland (Schüller 10' 33', Freigang 17' 40', 50', 60')

CBwaKCrWgAAnXg_.jpg

CBwaKDJWEAAcYCl.jpg

CBwaKDFW4AEieMY.jpg