Seems the Rangers story is spreading across the globe

Like most people on here I have a look at various Rangers websites and forums. I came across this post on Rangers Media of a guy from Brazil who has started supporting us due to our devotion to the club. I just wonder how many other supporters from around the world feel the same. Here is the post from RM

Greetings from Brazil,

My name is Marcelo and I live in Fortaleza, wich is in northeast. Just writing to say that

I was watching a Brazilian network tv today, and I saw this Rangers news about the relegation... http://sportv.globo....-recomecar.html

AS a football fan, I've never been that close to the Scottish League, but in this article I saw something fantastic. Something that I will always take with me wherever I go.

I am a Ceara Sporting Club fan, my team played Brazilian first division in 2010/2011, but we were not able to compete against the wealthy clubs like Flamengo, Corinthians, Sao paulo. They receive from the National confederation every almost 100 million reais (05 million dollars) to play, and Ceara Sporting Club just got 4 million. No way we can compete with the other clubs like this, It is totally unfair.

Since last year I was disinterested, stopped going to the stadium, my faith in football was over. The Brazilian soccer was dead to me. Until I saw this video from Sportv News.

I Just have one thing to say to you guys. You have to be proud of your club and I know you do, you have to proud of the fans that you got, and also I know you all do. When I saw those images that this TV brought to my place, I got tears in my eyes, just because you showed me that football s not dead. The real football still exists. The passion, the glories, it is really fantastic to see this happening.

With all the respect, The blue nation has the privilege to see this happening. Go to all the games, in the fourh, third and second division. This will happen just once in a lifetime. And as fan, you got lucky to live this part of the history.

And to finish this letter, I want to tell you all, that you got a Ranger on the other side of the planet!

"JUNTOS SOMOS RANGERS!" (together we are rangers!)

Here in Brazil it is difficult to find a Rangers t shirt, so if you have one to send to my, i'd appreciate it.

Marcelo Pinheiro

Brazil

A lovely story, but a touch of hypocrisy in the comments regarding the unfairness of funding givent he OF position in Scotland potentially!

Point taken mate but I doubt those clubs in Brazil will have had to deal with the shambles involving the SPL and the SFA during our troubles.

Point taken mate but I doubt those clubs in Brazil will have had to deal with the shambles involving the SPL and the SFA during our troubles.

Thats a very good point! Wasn't putting the piece down at all, and I think (although slightly biased) that the loyalty and determination of the fans and some of the players is a great example of how sport can be a positive force, so in that view I agree with a lot of the original story!