Rangers Unite Statement

Also who is the Mr Graham that is referred to?

Edit: It seems to be Chris Graham. Not quite sure of the connection there either.

I believe the fan groups were working together on a share proposal and Chris was an independent party attempting to ensure neutrality.

It now seems RU are unhappy at the way this has progressed so have pulled their support.

At this stage, I'd fancy the other groups will press ahead regardless and while I'd share some of RU's concerns there's also no doubt the RST, Ian Davidson and SD all have respective experience which are important to any purposeful strategy towards improved fan representation.

It's a real pity we can't move forward as one.

What I'd add is that, at this stage, we've not heard the other side of the story so it's difficult to do anything other than speculate. Ergo, please appreciate that as we discuss the topic.

Anything involving the RST then I'm out wouldn't trust them with the sugar in my tea.

This is the reason we are in the mess we are, a fractured support who can't agree on the time of day it's a bloody disgrace. What is it they say about power and all that?

Edited by GovanAllan

Anything involving the RST then I'm out wouldn't trust them with the sugar in my tea.

This is the reason we are in the mess we are, a fractured support who can't agree on the time of day it's a bloody disgrace. What is it they say about power and all that?

Surely part of the reason we are in the mess we are in is your first statement above? If the majority of the RST board, a democratic fan group, was to change would you still hold this opinion?

The RST is what we the support make of it. It has the structure to be the one body if the fans decided they actually wanted a genuine 100% democratic fan group.

Rangers Unite should probably change their name to Rangers Dis-Unite after walking out of a meeting consisting of other Rangers fan groups, independent government bodies and one of the few political allies we have.

1. Two groups were invited to participate, RST and RU, this lacks a quorum.

Surely these are the only 2 groups whose aims include supporter ownership, so what relevence are the others?

6. RU respectfully believe that the political views of Mr Davidson are in conflict with the vast majority of Rangers Supporters, which would be an obstacle to success.

There is not a huge amount of Conservative MPs in Scotland to choose from, Ian Davidson is the club's MP and has been supportive in the past. He is one of our few friends in the Scottish Labour party and while he is not a Rangers supporter, and I do not share many of his political views, he is the ideal politican to get involved with this.

So who do RU suggest?

7. Due to a lack of transparency, consultation and overruling opposition of critical items, RU believe there is a private agenda, which is not in the best interests of the Rangers supporters.

In in the interests of transparancy, can RU explain what the private agenda is, or does transparancy only work one way?

Guest govansw1
Surely part of the reason we are in the mess we are in is your first statement above? If the majority of the RST board, a democratic fan group, was to change would you still hold this opinion?

The RST is what we the support make of it. It has the structure to be the one body if the fans decided they actually wanted a genuine 100% democratic fan group.

Rangers Unite should probably change their name to Rangers Dis-Unite after walking out of a meeting consisting of other Rangers fan groups, independent government bodies and one of the few political allies we have.

RangersUnite did not walk out. Asked to leave following statement.