So if our two best players plus our most dependable on - Wallace, are from Hearts, the question is: were they Hearts' best players?

Looking at the squad I agree with Ally that it is thin and in addition, this shows we're probably of the standard of a middling SPL club. That should be enough to get us through the bottom two divisions but it will be difficult in the cups once we start to play SPL teams.

The Ally bashers like to have their cake and eat it though, so last season they went on about the SPL being much of a muchness with the rest of the leagues and so we should be playing them off the park. Now we're of that standard SPL players suddenly have a huge gap on their lower division counterparts... You have to wonder which it is.

I have to disagree with that statement.

The only team stronger than us are celtic.

Alexander, Wallace, Black, McCulloch, Shiels, Templeton, Sandaza, Little and McKay would get a game for all other SPL clubs

RYAN McGOWAN. Football people everywhere salute you.

The one sane human being in a transfer fiasco madder than the love child of Joey Barton and Rihanna.

What made him walk out on a move to Rangers just ten minutes before the transfer window slammed down on his fingers is his business. All that matters is that the Aussie right-back is the only one in the whole depressing mess who got it right in the end.

The rest — Hearts, Rangers and David Templeton — have all got it so very WRONG, individually, collectively, monumentally. The wrongest load of wrong since wrongness was invented.

The player? I said it in the match report from Anfield on Friday morning and make no apologies for saying it again.

For any young player to star against Liverpool then wake up the next morning and choose to make his next game against Elgin City simply makes you despair.

He’s probably doubled his dosh going to Ibrox and that would have been hard to turn down.

What if the price of that hike is waving goodbye to the chance of going to England or Europe in the future? What if the managers who fancied him for those quick feet and that raw pace now score his name off the Possibles list because they think, with justification, that he has zero ambition?

A few of us hung over a crush barrier outside the main stand on Thursday night to hear him talk about how if Hearts said yes he’d have a decision to make and how it was a dilemma and blahdy blah.

When he walked away, we turned to each other and nodded: “Yep — he’ll sign.”

There was absolutely no pleasure in being proved right. Quite the opposite in fact.

It would have been refreshing to get to the end of Deadline Day and find that he’d gone to Murray Park, listened politely, talked it through with his people before plumping to stick at Tynecastle.

I know what his people will say in reply — that if he’d stayed, wee Vlad was threatening to have him sent to the salt mines for the last ten months of his contract. They’d say that this way, he might be playing in the Third Division, but at least he’ll be playing.

That’s one way of looking at it. While another is that they could have called Romanov’s bluff and made sure their client trained like a bear while they got him a pre-contract deal ready to be signed come January.

A scenario that would at least have left Hearts fans — let’s be honest, fans everywhere outside Ibrox — thinking a lot more of him than they do this morning, unless winning a Third Division medal’s so important it doesn’t matter what ANYONE thinks.

As for Hearts themselves? On the field, they did themselves so much good with those two performances against a Liverpool squad assembled for £207million. In the dugout, John McGlynn’s status as a tactician and man-manager went through the roof.

As ever with this strange club, though, nothing good is ever allowed to happen without it being balanced by something bad.

Step forward the owner, pumping out his personal brand of beyond-parody propaganda to claim Templeton had downed tools since January.

Really, comrade? Did the guy who ran Jamie Carragher ragged for 180 minutes and who put your club within two minutes of extra-time look like someone swinging the lead?

Brendan Rodgers didn’t think so, seeing as straight after the first leg and in the build-up to the second, Templeton’s was the first name he picked out as a threat. I didn’t think so either, but I’m just what Vlad calls a Media Monkey.

So what about you, Vlad? You were there at Anfield. Can you seriously walk away and lie to the fans that the best player on the park has been stealing his wages without trying a leg? If so, God help the Jambos.

Which brings us to Rangers, about whom it’s hard not to sound like a broken record but it has to be said once again. What the hell’s their signing policy all about?

Kevin Kyle and the caravan he’s towing? Serial physio’s-bench-warmer Fran Sandaza? Some Brazilian dude who couldn’t handle Berwick on his debut?

Four grand, five grand, eight grand a week they’re shelling out to win in a league of £50-a-week part-timers. Now, while creditors whistle for money the OldCo diddled them out of, the NewCo blithely splash another £800,000.

Don’t kid yourself Ally McCoist would have been happy with just that one last signing. My tenner to David Murray’s fiver says he asked Charles Green for another dozen and was left hanging.

So, again, well down Ryan McGowan, above with Templeton.

An ever-improving defender, a highly decent and intelligent young man. Most importantly, his own man.

Like Templeton, he’d a decision to make once Hearts made theirs. Unlike his former team-mate, he can hold his head up in maroon-clad company after making it.

I’m writing this long before McGlynn’s team runs out at home to Dundee, but it’s a fair guess that if and when McGowan’s name is read over the tannoy he’ll get the ovation of a lifetime.

Whether he’d rather have that then five grand a week’s another question. If the game’s fair, the choice he made on Friday night will be rewarded many times, when both the time and the team are right.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...#ixzz25P2b6cHQ

Temps: Hearts' claims did hurt

By MATTHEW LINDSAY

RANGERS new boy David Templeton today hit back at former club Hearts over claims he downed tools for them last season.

The Tynecastle club alleged the winger developed an attitude problem and rejected multiple offers of a new improved contract.

But the 23-year-old, who scored twice as the Gers beat Elgin City in the Irn-Bru Third Division yesterday, said: "I'm not too fussed about what they say. I'm just concentrating on playing well for Rangers.

"That is what they think it is. I don't agree with some of the stuff they said. For instance, I was only offered one contract.

"People don't know what the reasons are. I think they are just doing it to cover themselves. I am looking forward to being at Rangers.

"I am hurt by it. I was there for five and a half years. While I was there, I gave everything, no matter what. That is what I will do at every club I play for.

"I am always going to give 100%. It was disappointing seeing it. But it is behind me."

Templeton's anguish at the parting shot aimed at him by the Tynecastle club disappeared when he made his debut for Rangers yesterday.

Cheered on by the home support in a 46,015 crowd – the largest in Scotland this weekend – he netted a goal in each half in an emphatic 5-1 win.

He added: "I feel I have made the right decision. Look at the fans who were at Ibrox yesterday.

"We had over 45,000 and we are playing in the Third Division.

"It is unbelievable to be here. It is a European club, not a Third Division club. I am sure we will get back there.

"Hopefully, we can do it as quickly as possible."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/...-hurt.18767477

So Templeton's got no abition coz he signed for a team playing in the 3rd Div.

His options:

1) Stay with a club who can't guarantee to pay their players on time, and get beaten by Dundee

2) sign for a club who play in the 3rd Div, but still get gates of over 46k - more than any other Scottish Team and 2nd highest attendance in the UK. and are the most successfull team in the country & still command more column inches in the daily papers than Hearts.

3) Sign for an English team in the lower leages with higher wages, play regularly but get completely forgotten about.

4) sign for an EPL side, get massive wages, never play and never heard of again.

To me it's a pretty clear choice. Rangers are still getting massive amounts of media coverage regardless of their league. As a result, the english sides will still be more than aware of what he is doing - as will the Scotland bosses!!! By the time RFC are back in the top division, he will have matured into a fantastic player with bags of experience which will, in turn allow him to command higher wages down south, and gives him more chance of actually playing.

It will be interesting to see what happens to McGowan over the coming weeks/months/years. Will playing for the "mighty" Hearts see him get a regular spot in the Australian National side, will it see him get a move to a top English side when he plays regularly - I VERY much doubt it. He will play for Hearts for a while then get a move to the English Championship, where he'll disappear into nothingness.

In my view, Templeton has shown vision. He wants to join a massive club and help rebuild to former glory. As a result he will gain an impressive reputation and wealth of experience which will stand him in good stead later in his career.

Edited by Darthter

The Rangers haters all in a tizz because we refuse to die, well they can f#*k right off whenever they like. Young Templeton saw his chance to play with the greatest team in the country no matter what League the haters have managed to put us in.

What is it about that, that they just don't get?

For me Sheils was the stand out again and is fast becoming the one player we can't do without.

For me Sheils was the stand out again and is fast becoming the one player we can't do without.

That is something we don't want to happen - start being reliant on a single player.....look what happened when Naismith got injured.

The team needs to function as a team and be greater than any individual part....

That is clearly what you want but once you have a stand out player you automatically rely on him to provide his performace. It's not that anybody would want to depend on that guy, the situation just delvelops into that direction naturally.

That is something we don't want to happen - start being reliant on a single player.....look what happened when Naismith got injured.

The team needs to function as a team and be greater than any individual part....

Nothing much you can do about it if Sheils is playing out his skin, didn't mean to imply we are a one player team far from it but we play far better and just seem to click when Sheils is in full flow.