Could well be that he signed a three-year extention, which will auto-expand to a five-year extention on his 18th birthday. We shall see.

That would make sense. Anyway, "pledge" doesn't really sound like something of substance.

• 2 weeks later...
this boys being built up for some fall. he is exciting but vastly over rated.

it the normal when a decent youngster comes through the ranks. He has and will have more bad games but seems to be doing OK so far, I love the way he runs past players easily even if it's at a lower level just now, he will get better the more he plays but hope we don't burn the boy out and as you pointed out he is being built up very highly after not many games for us, let hope he can handle it as some can't.

I love the way he runs past players easily even if it's at a lower level just now

Some of his passes when we've been attacking have been brilliant as well. He's actually really unlucky not to have notched up a bunch of goal assists so far because he's set up quite a lot of chances for us and they've been missed by the player shooting on goal. I think Sandaza, Shiels, Little and maybe Jig as well, have all missed very good chances set up by McKay. Either missed or the shots have been saved...

Edited by Zappa