Did Celtic have more than one EBT?

Lawwell on the TV deal seems perfectly normal to me - in fact, I'd be amazed if Sky didn't insist on top level celtc involvement. Course, they didn't realise they were backing the wrong horse (see the viewing figures) but that's not a line worth pursuing if we want to put the boot into Neil Doncaster.

"In 2008, after becoming aware there was a potential tax liability related to EBTs, Celtic reached an agreement to pay a sum to HMRC."

Payment made in 2005, and in 2008 you 'become aware' of HMRC liability. Could this be round about the time that certain HMRC staff were openly 'becoming aware' that something big was about to go down at Rangers.

It's a renowned bead rattling organisation as I know plenty who hold positions in there. The Knights of St Columbus Club in Blantyre will vouch for that!

Surely the Sellik weren't tipped off by Holy Mary's Roman Corruption? Too much conspiracy? Don't be so sure. I know the nature of the Bheast in question.

Please.

This kind of half-assed, backward looking nonsense does Rangers no favours at all. If you were looking to kill the chance of any investigation into HMRC leaking, the surest way to do it is to wrap the whole idea up in some Kafflik Konspiracy package.

Please.

This kind of half-assed, backward looking nonsense does Rangers no favours at all. If you were looking to kill the chance of any investigation into HMRC leaking, the surest way to do it is to wrap the whole idea up in some Kafflik Konspiracy package.

ooooohhhh hark at her!!! Run out of oatabix this morning sweetheart?

There was a lot simpler than a HMRC conspiracy. One of Celtic's Directors around that time was also a Director in the Bank of England and was aware of HMRC's developing position on EBTs. Some EBT users didn't want to take a chance on a battle with HMRC and paid up, others felt confident in their legal advice and didn't.

While the OP may be a little far fetched, the fact that some of us still can't accept that this is an organised attempt by the darkside to destroy our club is quite frankly unbelievable.

Agreed. But while we are on the subject of far fetched the bitchy head in the sand response I got actually suggested that my response could in some way endanger any potential internal HMRC investigation. Oh the irony.

That's one of the resaons we have been shafted for years i.e. this "oh lets stop getting carried away, nobody is out to get us" attitude. Well the reality is they are and will stop at nothing in the process!!

There was a lot simpler than a HMRC conspiracy. One of Celtic's Directors around that time was also a Director in the Bank of England and was aware of HMRC's developing position on EBTs. Some EBT users didn't want to take a chance on a battle with HMRC and paid up, others felt confident in their legal advice and didn't.

Fair enough. Thats logical.

I have since read that one reason why there was no investigation into Celtic's EBT was that Junihno only received money following his departure from Celtic.

If that is the case the surely only the SPL can investigate the receivers of cash whilst at the club, which would possibly reduce the potential liabilities and possible titles that could be in jeaopardy?