Garry O'Connor

Just heard on the radio while in a taxi that rangers are reported to be going to sign two hearts players, one is "I'm ROBBIE' neilson and the other *which i think* will be elvis.

As i said - it's silly season!

Silly season on the rumours again then. I always thought O'Connor could do well at a club like us, playing up front with someone like Boyd to play off him. A bit more of a direct striker who'll put his head to the ball.

The Hearts rumours will continue for as long as Romanov goes about pissing off his first team. While there's a few players there who could probably do a job for us, we just don't have the money at the moment.

I always thought O'Connor could do well at a club like us, playing up front with someone like Boyd to play off him. A bit more of a direct striker who'll put his head to the ball.

IMO we would continue heading down the league instead of up. A Ex Hibs and ex Killie striker - who are by no means mighty - leading the line for Rangers FC!!!

No thanks from me!

Has has been mentioned, due to the January transfer window approaching, there is going to be a lot of speculation regarding players Rangers are supposed to be after. Only today I read in the Mail on Sunday that Steven Naismith is a Le Guen target in an initial £500,000 deal. None of this has come from Rangers and for the most part will be information 'released' by the player's involved agents/representatives in order to drum up interest in the player and therefore get the best deal for the player and the agent.

As for Garry O'Connor I've always thought he wasn't a bad player but was amazed when Lokomotive Moscow signed him. His families inability to settle in Russia has been well publicised and has been well known he would like to return to the UK. However i believe his preferred destination would be the Premiership and I don't believe he's a player who would improve us in anyway. Good back up striker but nothing more.

I do find it very interesting though that basically all the players we are being linked with are young Scottish players with potential. I for one would like to see this being complemented by the signing of a couple of experienced players in key positions, namely a commanding centre back and an international class striker.

Malky

Guest The_Rock

All the paper talk is sheer crap , they where giving us names like Givet , Coupet and Kalou , then out of nowear we signed Svensson , Sionko and Martin , besides news of the world is the lowest of the low .

Guest Big_Gazza_Mc

as gribz said, an ex killie striker (although he is Rangers class IMO) and an ex hibs striker aren't rangers class. The reason we are better than the SPL is we have a better standard of player, if we start makin the team up full of spl players then surely the gap in standards between us and the rest will continue to decrease. Good european players such as clement and a mix of young scottish players, smith, ferguson and maybe scott brown (wouldn't really fancy any other spl players tho) but thats plenty, we need european players, as we have shown this season they KNOW how to do the business in europe, scottish players on their own just cant cut it as Hibs and Hearts displayed recently being dumped out embarrassingly by Dnipro and AEK. (This was when Hearts were at their "best"). Put simply we can be a celtic (dominating the spl but VERY mediocre in europe with the exception of the benfica parkhead match) OR with a bit of patience we can be an Arsenal or Rangers with Gio Van Bronckhort et al. Perform really well in europe, get the results AND be good and classy enough to impose OUR style of play on the domestic game, not be forced to adapt to the amateurish scottish game and win championships once again.