I mentioned this on another thread that has been closed but now think the 'Wee Daft Fact' list is it's perfect home.

On the day of our game against Raith Rovers over in the Kingdom of Fife, it is fitting to remind all that this is where one of our greatest ever players came from. To be precise, the Hill of Beath but that is hardly a daft wee fact.

What is though, is that the father of the rounded crime writer and sponser of the Kirkcaldy club we play this evening, Val McDermid, was in fact the Raith Rovers scout who recognized and brought the talents of Baxter into the senior game.

After his time at Rovers, Slim Jim would sign the dotted line over at Ibrox Stadium and go onto great things that could have been greater still.

Edited by buster.

• 2 weeks later...

fantastic pictures thanks to all who post them and contribute .

does anyone remember the first day when alcohol was banned from stadiums in Scotland I can remember the dust bins at the turnstiles watched by the police for fans to dump their carry outs in first time I ever seen the brother in a panic he ended up with his wee half bottle down the front of his trousers

• 2 weeks later...