My take on us

That Hearts game is the first ive seen us play in a few weeks, and IMO i dont think we are far away from turning a corner to putting wins away.

We have the basis of a good squad but the formation needs tweaked and 1 or 2 personnel needs added while a few exit the door. Those who exit are the likes of Gavin Rae, Stefan Klos and Fernando Ricksen whom arent starters anyway.

As for the current side, watching the game yesterday the midfield 3 of Adam, Clement and Ferguson all played far too close to each other, they need to spread themselves out the middle. However the front 3 were the opposite. Novo and Prooshow (as Scott Booth calls him) hugged the touchline. Thats ok if they are genuine wide players or midfield wingers but not if they are strikers trying to feed an out and out golascorer who doesnt get involved in build up play.

At the back I saw a bit of daylight at the end of the tunnel. Svensson gave us a scare early on but we'll put that down to a mis-hit as he improved throughout the game. His partner Hemdani strolled the game but I think he should be doing that in the midfield and a No-nonsence centre half needs to come in and partner Svensson. Maybe Papac can still do this. Young Steven Smith is a breathe of fresh air at LB and its a position he has made his own - well done that man!

At RB id say overall the jury is out on Hutton. He shows promise on occassion. I think he may improve if he had a genuine right sided midfielder to assist him - Stand up Sionko!

To conclude, id say the 4-2-3-1 or whatever has to be scrapped and get back to flat formation of 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-5-1 or even try a 3-5-2.

My concern with the midfield at the moment is they are all close-knit together. A 4 man midfield should be 1 on the right, 1 on the centre right, 1 on the centre left and 1 on the left. At the moment they are all playing centre-centre which deprives us of passing the ball about more freely.

Lets get back to basics

Prooshow (as Scott Booth calls him)

That's how the big man prounounces it himself. I listened very carefully quite a few times while watching the Rangers crossbar challenge.

The vowels sounds are very short though and the consonants sort of run into each other.

So just say Prooshow, very quickly but slightly dwell on the "sh" and you'll be pretty close.

Svensson did seem to improve yesterday to a degree. I mean, at least he wasn't taking any chances on the hole and was clearing his lines. Unfortunately, he just doesn't look good enough at the moment. I thought the same of Hutton tbh and I've been a big one for giving the guys time to improve, but how long do we give them? Hemdani seems to enjoy playing at centre half, so we need a commanding figure who is good in the air beside him. Its really a priority for PLG to get the defence in to a solid unit as I'm still nervous at every set piece we concede.

I agree about the midfield. I think its the one area where we do have the personnel available, but like the strikers, we don't seem to be playing a formation which gets the most out of them. Clement, Fergie & Hemdani all have the potential to be quite negative players at time, so I don't think playing 2 or 3 of them in the middle has worked all the time. But then, if you have one holding, why not just reinforce to Fergie that he should be playing more as an attacking midfielder?

As for up front, I'd rather we returned to 2 strikers, I think that would suit the players we have and allow them to do more link-up play between them. I've seen it a few times this year, we go to 2 up front and almost straight away you start to see the strikers with little knock-downs to each other and looking for each other in the box. That just doesn't seem to happen with the 3 up front. We don't have the players to play with a fluid frontline and sticking Novo out wide is a waste as he's not composed enough on the ball to make his final ball count.

IMO, i thought our corners were much better, they were getting swung in at pace and we really should be getting on the end of them, but an improvement none the less

The corners are a big improvement from last season but no one takes a risk and attacks them.

The corners are a big improvement from last season but no one takes a risk and attacks them.

Hutton attacked one yesterday after about 5 mins or was about too, but Sven got in the way!! It looks like somebody has finally realised too that Adam's corners are quite often deeper so it makes sense to have players at the back post as well as the front. It's not rocket science

Hutton attacked one yesterday after about 5 mins or was about too, but Sven got in the way!! It looks like somebody has finally realised too that Adam's corners are quite often deeper so it makes sense to have players at the back post as well as the front. It's not rocket science

1 out of about 8 isn't us "attacking corners".