You Are Fan-tastic

RANGERS have moved UP three places on the list of average European club league attendances despite dropping from the SPL to the Third Division over the summer.

The Light Blues have soared into 16th position from last seasonâ??s 19th spot thanks to their average of 46,738 for games so far with East Stirlingshire, Elgin and Montrose.

Gersâ?? total is better than their city rivals Celticâ??s average of 45,064 and they had more than 4,000 more fans at Ibrox at the weekend than there were at Parkhead.

They also had the third-highest crowd in British football behind Newcastleâ??s for their game with Norwich City and the meeting of Manchester City and Arsenal.

When Neil Lennonâ??s side unfurled the championship flag against Aberdeen last month, there were 48,521 people in attendance.

But when Rangers played their first Ibrox SFL fixture of the campaign a fortnight later, they attracted 49,118 people with seats in home areas officially sold out.

In turn, the phenomenal Light Blues followers smashed the world record for a fourth-tier league match by more than 10,000.

The current average league attendance at Gers is actually an improvement on last termâ??s overall figure of 46,324.

And it eclipses figures at the likes of reigning English Premiership champions City and megabucks French outfit Paris St Germain.

It is no great surprise that big-name European sides Borussia Dortmund, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid make up the top five.

But the fact Gers are comfortably in the leading 20 clubs will raise an eyebrow or two â?? although manager Ally McCoist is far from surprised.

He said: â??The crowd at the weekend really was staggering. When the big game was on in England, I heard the commentators saying our crowd was one of the biggest in the UK.

â??To get that for an SFL3 game between Rangers and Montrose was fantastic and as I keep saying, our supporters are unbelievable.â?

An ACTUAL story on the ACTUAL Rangers site which ACTUALLY takes the piss out of Celtic attendance :rfcbouncy:

Imagine the crowds if we actually had something worth watching on the pitch a well.

This. On the flip side, Ally and the powers that be have to be careful about taking the Rangers fans for granted. As much as our "rebirth" has driven many fans to re-engage with the team in a show of defiance the team has to play well to keep the fans interested. I fear that attendances my drop if we don't show signs of dramatic improvement

I read somewhere that only 20 thousand tickets have been sold for Motherwell, if true then that is a bit dissapointing.

I thought our first game this season against an SPL club would have attracted a near sell out crowd. .

I think a lot of fans still don't want to give Well the cash.

If we get another 25k for the game it will just show the consistency of Rangers fans - who go to see Rangers and are not so bothered about the opposition. When you get a bigger crowd against Montrose than Liverpool do against Man U, it's obvious who the opposition is, is not so crucial.

The SPL have really shown that they are more pathetic in many ways than most of the SFL and as such are not a box-office draw. The only exception is obviously Celtic.

In fact, I'd say Rangers fans are no longer interested in the SPL at all.

If we get another 25k for the game it will just show the consistency of Rangers fans - who go to see Rangers and are not so bothered about the opposition. When you get a bigger crowd against Montrose than Liverpool do against Man U, it's obvious who the opposition is, is not so crucial.

The SPL have really shown that they are more pathetic in many ways than most of the SFL and as such are not a box-office draw. The only exception is obviously Celtic.

In fact, I'd say Rangers fans are no longer interested in the SPL at all.

I don't even look at the SPhell results.