BBC reject claims of anti-Rangers bias

RFCSA London@RFCSA_London

@rfc_dickson perhaps also if you put this link:http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complain-online/ â?¦on the page, once over 100 complain London is compelled to intervene.

I've taken Steve1872's post from another thread regarding making a complaint to BBC LONDON. in regards to the offensive/bias intro to the Sportscene programme on Wednesday evening.

I'm doing this just in case some who want to complain missed it.

Btw, this only takes 5 minutes of your time.

Here's what BBC Scotland used as their intro for 'Gers v 'Well, in case you missed that too. ;)

http://www.telly.com/F9J36?fromtwitvid=1

I was at the last protest to the Pacific Quay Celtic Supporters Club headquarters in Scotland. I would travel down to Manchester or London for a protest at the BBC offices there, if we could get the numbers from our English Bears and friends from other clubs, This might get an response from the Board of Directors.

I have to disagree AMMS. Particularly when we are talking about an organisation with regional representation such as the BBC. Can you imagine the reaction of the London bosses if BBC Scotland was banned from Ibrox ? They would want answers as to why.

But perhaps it all boils down to whether you believe or not there is an anti-Rangers culture within BBC Scotland.

Do you ?

I've always been sceptical that there is an anti-Rangers 'culture' at BBC Scotland, I know people who work there and they are certainly not anti-Rangers. I've not got time to go into why I think we continue to rub up against the BBC just now but I'm happy to expand on it next week.

In terms of media bans I don't think the London bosses will care all that much if Rangers aren't cooperating with them. London has considerably weightier issues to deal with, they'll view this as a provincial spat in the sports department, to be dealt with on a local basis.

Working with the BBC to change their reporting, their behaviour and, in your words their culture, would be a far more productive way of improving this. A reasonable number of Scots rely on the BBC Scotland for their sports news, we're in effect hurting some of our own fans by imposing a ban. The BBC are not a commercial organisation, this won't affect them financially so who is going to apply the pressure?

It's just my opinion but I don't think we're boxing clever here, I know a wee bit about changing people's behaviour and one of the least effective ways is by ignoring them. McCoist should do his interview with the BBC at the weekend and should speak about this issue and only this issue. He should ask the interviewer if he/she thought it appropriate to depict him jumping out of a window, what were they inferring by showing that and what did they think his reaction would be? Don't speak about the game, the players or the tactics, we hold far more power that way. Saying that live on radio or TV would be a far more effective way of changing behaviour and setting the agenda.

That's just my take on it.

I've always been sceptical that there is an anti-Rangers 'culture' at BBC Scotland, I know people who work there and they are certainly not anti-Rangers. I've not got time to go into why I think we continue to rub up against the BBC just now but I'm happy to expand on it next week.

In terms of media bans I don't think the London bosses will care all that much if Rangers aren't cooperating with them. London has considerably weightier issues to deal with, they'll view this as a provincial spat in the sports department, to be dealt with on a local basis.

Working with the BBC to change their reporting, their behaviour and, in your words their culture, would be a far more productive way of improving this. A reasonable number of Scots rely on the BBC Scotland for their sports news, we're in effect hurting some of our own fans by imposing a ban. The BBC are not a commercial organisation, this won't affect them financially so who is going to apply the pressure?

It's just my opinion but I don't think we're boxing clever here, I know a wee bit about changing people's behaviour and one of the least effective ways is by ignoring them. McCoist should do his interview with the BBC at the weekend and should speak about this issue and only this issue. He should ask the interviewer if he/she thought it appropriate to depict him jumping out of a window, what were they inferring by showing that and what did they think his reaction would be? Don't speak about the game, the players or the tactics, we hold far more power that way. Saying that live on radio or TV would be a far more effective way of changing behaviour and setting the agenda.

Good point on the one to one with Ally.

Only, who does the editing?

I've always been sceptical that there is an anti-Rangers 'culture' at BBC Scotland, I know people who work there and they are certainly not anti-Rangers. ...

I doubt that the whole of BBC Scotland is involved here. The problem, much with anything done with regards to us, lies in the sports reporters or the people mascarading as such. Be they old and new. It is them that we (club and support) aim our anger at, for continuously spilling half-truths, negative stuff and even this rather sad cartoon-style thing on Wednesday. It is almost as if they look for a reaction. And since the BBC is one of the few self-governing media outlets, they can spill this nigh unchallenged and in the great knowledge that the rest of the world will take this on a fact ... since it is being presented by that old and famous impartial institution called the BBC.

IMHO, the time for co-operation with certain people at BBC Scotland is well and truly up and by what we do we make the London people aware that some employees "up here" are on the loose.