'Unified Supporters Platform'

From the Daily Mail

Ibrox fans urge 'away' boycott ahead of League Cup draw

Charles Green was urged to back a boycott by Rangers fans if the club land an away tie in Thursday's Scottish Communities League Cup quarter-final draw.

Ally McCoist's side are guaranteed to be paired with an SPL team and a collective of fan groups - under the banner of the Unified Supporters Platform - have called for their members to snub the tie if it is not at Ibrox.

Many in the Rangers support are still angry at how the club was treated when refused re-entry to the top flight after a vote of SPL members.

An away draw is seen as the first real opportunity to show their feelings via a no-show that could deliver a financial hit to their hosts.

'In my view, this is a boycott of whatever team we draw if it is away from home,' said John Macmillan, of the Rangers Supporters Association.

'That may hurt a lot of people who, week in and week out, follow the team everywhere.

'I know it is a difficult decision, but I would urge people to make the right one. It is an attempt to show unity, which I am sure we have, and our feelings against these clubs.

'There is a feeling out there that this is the right thing. I have had emails and phone calls from members saying that they are 100 per cent behind this.

'We would hope that the club would support this. If the club doesn't support it and decides to take tickets, then that makes the boycott a little more difficult for our fans.

'They might say: "Well, Rangers have taken tickets, so I will". 'They will make their own decision. For a one-off, I think it would be worth it and I also hope Rangers and Charles Green support us in this.'

I'm not exactly an expert on the various groups but can anyone tell me how this USP differs from the Working Group?

The Working Group deals with the treatment and behaviour of fans. It doesn't get involved in other issues.

The Working Group deals with the treatment and behaviour of fans. It doesn't get involved in other issues.

Ah right ok. So are they getting involved in the treatment if the fans in BF1 or the away fans being Section 60 searched? Be interested to hear what progress is being made because I'm doing a couple of articles on it.

Ah right ok. So are they getting involved in the treatment if the fans in BF1 or the away fans being Section 60 searched? Be interested to hear what progress is being made because I'm doing a couple of articles on it.

Yes, mate. There have been discussions with the club on BF1 and they are still on-going. The groups are discussing a couple of issues at the moment and are to get back to the club. As for the Section 60, this will be raised with the relevant authorities in the very near future.

Is a section 60 a big deal if you have nothing to hide?

can we get offical numbers of each of the organisations that are trying to shape the future of our club please?

I don't get this but yeah...

CRO = Shane, Andy, Andy, Bill, Peter, Robbie = 6 + a few guests sometimes + Nessinator. And we're not a SG, we're a blog. (One of the better half-decent ones, at that)

We write some stuff, people enjoy it, we got invited to a meeting or two, that's about it. As I said on RM for me personally it's more of a 'fuck you' to the SPL sides. Finances mean shit to me. They're all going to be ringing their bankers asking for extensions come Christmas anyway.

And no, I don't attend the meetings because I live in the US.

Good enough?

I don't get this but yeah...

CRO = Shane, Andy, Andy, Bill, Peter, Robbie = 6 + a few guests sometimes + Nessinator. And we're not a SG, we're a blog. (One of the better half-decent ones, at that)

We write some stuff, people enjoy it, we got invited to a meeting or two, that's about it. As I said on RM for me personally it's more of a 'fuck you' to the SPL sides. Finances mean shit to me. They're all going to be ringing their bankers asking for extensions come Christmas anyway.

And no, I don't attend the meetings because I live in the US.

Good enough?

Less than 20 people involved yet people seem fit to say you "endorse" issues relating to the club.

Jesus Christ