'Unified Supporters Platform'

The two current members of the Association that sit on the RST board are stepping down with another coming on board as their replacement. Not sure who chaired the meeting but I've been told from two very different people the statement is not a reflection of what was said or agreed. Further to that, I was also told all reps present have asked for minutes of the meeting without any success.

Being friends with the RTID NI chairman, I talked today with him over this. He agrees with unity, as does everyone, but won't be getting involved in favouring any group. It's all about Rangers for RTID NI.

2 groups issued statements to say they disagreed with the statement. I have not seen any statements in this regard from either the Association or the Assembly, and I even have been told that the Assembly put it up on their website, so one can only conclude that they support it, whether or not what was said at the meeting was different from the statement.

As for the minutes, I guess they're taking a leaf out of another organisation's book ;)

2 groups issued statements to say they disagreed with the statement. I have not seen any statements in this regard from either the Association or the Assembly, and I even have been told that the Assembly put it up on their website, so one can only conclude that they support it, whether or not what was said at the meeting was different from the statement.

As for the minutes, I guess they're taking a leaf out of another organisation's book ;)

Yeah, it's all very confusing. Clear as mud!

So is it just a case of certain RST board members attending some Assembly meetings as RST rep's?

During the year I was on the Board of RST; John Donald and John McMillan were the Association reps on the Board, though there were no such formal postions. John Donald never attended any meeting at which I was present; John McMillan attended meetings when his personal circumstances allowed but never made any contribution. Both are still listed as Board members.

The RST is allowed one rep on the Assembly and so far as I am aware that rep has always been Mr Dingwall, though there was never any vote on that appointment . At one point I secured agreement from Andy Kerr that we be allowed a second rep with visitor status and he invited me to attend as Secretary of RST but this was over-ruled.

I do not know the current position.

I sent Andy Kerr and John McMillan the same text today asking if the Assembly and the Association were indeed signatories to this statement.

I received a reply from AK. "Some of us thought there was a mandate through the RFF on this but one or two have now queried the scope of that mandate -there was such strong feeling against SPL clubs at that time!!".

I didn't really undertsand that so I asked him to clarify whether or not the "Assembly have endorsed the call for a boycott".

He replied "Yes".

As has been pointed out RST are members of the Assembly.

John McMillan has not replied.

So is it just a case of certain RST board members attending some Assembly meetings as RST rep's?

Yes. the assembly does not have any members as such. It only has member organisations, the RST being one. As far as I'm aware, the RST has one rep who attends assembly meetings on behalf of the RST. the RST did try and get the previous Assembly President to join the Board but it didn't work out.

Edited by Bluedell

I received a reply from AK. "Some of us thought there was a mandate through the RFF on this but one or two have now queried the scope of that mandate -there was such strong feeling against SPL clubs at that time!!".

I didn't really undertsand that so I asked him to clarify whether or not the "Assembly have endorsed the call for a boycott".

A strange comment indeed. The RFFF has a mndate for looking after its funds and that is all. It should not be getting involved in calls for boycotts or putting its name to Rangers Unite statements.

During the year I was on the Board of RST; John Donald and John McMillan were the Association reps on the Board, though there were no such formal postions. John Donald never attended any meeting at which I was present; John McMillan attended meetings when his personal circumstances allowed but never made any contribution. Both are still listed as Board members.

The RST is allowed one rep on the Assembly and so far as I am aware that rep has always been Mr Dingwall, though there was never any vote on that appointment . At one point I secured agreement from Andy Kerr that we be allowed a second rep with visitor status and he invited me to attend as Secretary of RST but this was over-ruled.

I do not know the current position.

That isn't true BD. Our original rep was a lady called Jane Gotts. Mark replaced her and this was agreed by the Board - way before your time.