Dermot Desmond: Rangers will return to the top level of Scottish football

scottish football is not in meltdown, the speehell is. when regan and doncaster blackmailed us into giving them a tv deal with our sfa membership it was the last hold they had on us. they have fuck all bargaining power left.

i have no problem with splitting the tv money right across the board where the sfl is concerned. i have been taught a level of humility since our demise that i didnt know existed where the "wee diddy teams" are concerned. they are far bigger than i ever imagined.

Actually, in a round about arse over tit way, Regan and doncaster are responsible for financing the sfl and making them financially secure for years to come by sending us to the third division!

good job lads!

Just a wee thought. given dermot desmonds comments tonight its starting to look like he wasnt in on liewells plans to ruin our club beyond repair. could liewell be joining his two cronies out the door when push comes to shove?

Just a wee thought. given dermot desmonds comments tonight its starting to look like he wasnt in on liewells plans to ruin our club beyond repair. could liewell be joining his two cronies out the door when push comes to shove?

...if it weren't for CL qualification liewell would already be out the door, but his time will come.

The sad fact is, these are the words Celtic should have been saying 6 months ago. I have no doubt that if the situation was reversed we would have been saying the same, but would have said it when Celtic needed the support.

Fans will always be fans and try and wind each other up, but you expect a touch of class, dignity and respect from the club itself. Rangers have always had this and would have shown it in the reverse situation, unfortunately Celtic haven't and its now too late. I only wonder if this represents a large rift between Desmond and Liewell.

CELTIC chief Dermot Desmond last night admitted Scottish football needs Rangers back in the SPL as soon as possible.

The Parkhead majority shareholder spoke for the first time about the Ibrox clubâ??s demise and their demotion to the Third Division.

And his comments are in stark contrast to those of Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell who claimed the club didnâ??t need their Old Firm rivals.

Back in February, Lawwell said: â??Weâ??ll survive very well. There will be no material impact on our business going forwardâ? before the club hit out at First Minister Alex Salmond for claiming Celtic â??canâ??t prosper unless Rangers are thereâ?.

Desmond, though, is adamant Rangers wonâ??t be out of the top flight for too long. And he insists their history and traditions are key to the Scottish game.

The Irishman said: â??Rangers are a fantastic club with a great history. They will, in not too long a time, be back in the SPL. I have no doubt about that.

â??And theyâ??re needed for Scottish football because of their following, the size of the club and especially their history. We certainly would like to contest with them every week. We believe we have a better team and management structure.

â??For us, itâ??s disappointing that they are not there but thatâ??s decisions by the various clubs and leagues and we accept those.

â??Rangers are one of the great clubs in Britain and we have to acknowledge that.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-chief-dermot-desmond-wants-1359461