Charles Green and Co met the fans at Ibrox

Apple want the naming rights to ibrox.

Would have proffered an Orange to be honest. As long as the tims get the banana skin.:D

That would be a peach but probably get a lot of sour grapes from Lemon. Och well big Raspberry to him.:smile:

Hope it's not 'moonbeams', but he does have shares to sell.

I was at the meeting and, to be honest,that was exactly what was going through my mind. £100m a year for worldwide media rights, £25m from the G51 development. When I asked how that was to be funded he started talking about pension funds. To me it was a sales pitch and some of the things discussed seemed a bit 'pie in the sky' to me.

I was at the meeting and, to be honest,that was exactly what was going through my mind. £100m a year for worldwide media rights, £25m from the G51 development. When I asked how that was to be funded he started talking about pension funds. To me it was a sales pitch and some of the things discussed seemed a bit 'pie in the sky' to me.

Cheers. Was hoping someone that was there would comment.

Unless i am missing something, is it not a bit contradictory saying one hand he will not be taking Rangers back to the SPL and then saying he has discussed a budget for returning to the top with the manager....?

Some positive points but some seem totally ridiculous if you ask me.

Wow i really wish they would just stick to facts and things they know are likely. I mean the papers will only pick up on this and the Apple naming rights thing and in my opinion makes a mockery of a lot of other positive points.

I can't see Apple wanting to sponsor anything to do with Rangers. They've not got involved with any American sports team so why do it with us?

I'll gladly be proved wrong though with this company :)

I can't see Apple wanting to sponsor anything to do with Rangers. They've not got involved with any American sports team so why do it with us?

I'll gladly be proved wrong though with this company :)

At no time did he say Apple were interested. He used it as an example -i.e. if Apple wanted to give us money to name it i-Brox stadium he would be delighted to take it.

He also talked about a European League, linking up with Asia and the Far East and I kept thinking I had heard it all before.