Greg Wylde

Guest cail

Wylde left with his head held high.

We agreed to cancel his contract as a means of reducing the wage bill having just gone into administration.

I have a different opinion of Wylde. I believe that he was essentially tapped up by Bolton after having had previous talks. When we went into administration I'm almost certain that Bolton will then have spoken again to Wylde's agent and made a new offer for him should he be able to get out of his contract. Then, when Wylde saw the first opportunity to bolt (!) he was offski and I doubt if he gave a shit about Rangers at that point. It was as quick as he could pack his locker into bags and GTF out of Dodge before the shit storm turned into a right mess. I think he was purely looking after numero uno, not other employees at the club, but that's obviously just an opinion.

Got to say though, I'm certainly not annoyed about it even if it happens that I'm right about him, but unless someone proves otherwise I'll never ever praise him for leaving because it was literally only a few grand a week saved. It was peanuts off our wage bill and we lost a young player who had the potential to be sold in 2 or 3 years for a significant amount of money.

I have no doubt the previous offer feom Bolton was the catalyst for his agent to make contact. But he had not long signed a long term contract IIRC so I think he was committed to the club. It's a difficult position though.

Aird already is streets ahead of where Wylde was. He drove me nuts due to the headless chicken runs he made at times. He had pace but didn't have one trick up his sleeve. Mark Walters only really had one trick i.e. his step over, but he was so good at it he was hard to stop. Every winger needs at least 1. Every now and again you get someone with 101 but not many Laudrups come along in a lifetime, and I can always dream!

I have no doubt the previous offer feom Bolton was the catalyst for his agent to make contact. But he had not long signed a long term contract IIRC so I think he was committed to the club. It's a difficult position though.

the 3 tims who represent him, of which frank mcavennie is one, had promised owen coyle the player a year before he left rangers.

I think it is very dangerous to judge someone on assumptions of ifs, maybes, and possibly. What happened to innocent before proven guilty. We were all shouting that over the EBT's.