Greg Wylde

Guest cail

As a player I liked him, he was showing promise. He was far from the finished article but he was a direct attacking wide player who could have been developed further. I thought he was unfairly dropped from the team.

As to why and how he left, that is a different matter. He was the first to agree to cancel his contract. Whether it was a get out ASAP card or geniune only him and his close ones will know the truth. But what he didnt do was make a clown of himself like Naismith and Whittaker who embarrassed themselves claiming the new owners hadnt have the nerve to knock on their door explaining their situation - like they were the be all and end all of Rangers. Charles Greens dignity and so far success has made them look ridiculous. Whittaker is another who will be in the Championship next season and Naismith has landed lucky in at a very good Everton side with a top manager.

So at least Wylde left professionally. If he had prior knowledge that Bolton wanted him at least it wasnt all over the papers. Bolton obviously isnt the right club to develop him and a step back to Carlisle might be what he needs to put his game on track again.

He looked the part until you see the likes of Aird, McKay, Crawford, McLeod, Hutton, and the rest of the Cubs. They are footballers Wylde was a sprinter who was taught to kick a ball and not very well as only 1 in 10 crosses from him ever got into the box a terrible return for a winger.

No not for me a one trick pony, and like so many others has found out the hard way it's only a long slow slide once you leave the Rangers.
There used to be a saying that the only way was down when you left RFC. Not just Wylde, but Ness - not even on the EPL bench! And D. Wilson. Youngsters have a better chance to develop with us then we can sell them on at a profit.

Maybe someone will confirm it on here, but that is what happened...the renegade sold his gear on eBay. Fact.

I can confirm that I did see at least one of these ebay auctions myself. IIRC, it was player gear that can't be bought in the shops and it had the lad's initials on it as all the players' training gear does. It looked genuine to me at the time and I remember not having any doubts about it being Wylde's gear. The only question was whether he had given it away to mates and they had decided to sell it or whether they were actually selling it for Wylde himself. I presumed that he'd just given it to a mate or mates plural and they had decided to try and cash in on it.