What expectations did you have in July before the season started?

This is a genuine question here folks.

What expectations did you have back in July before the season started?

Try to think back and recall what your expectations were and post them here if you can remember.

Cheers! :tu:

with our budget and turnover? a domestic quadruple should have been achievable and rangers aim every single year.

with ally in charge? I knew it would end in tears.

dress it up anyway you like, we are underachieving under Ally and have been since he took charge. We are still the second richest club in the country, we pay more than every other club to staff and players and have the best facilities in the country for our staff and players to use.

no excuses.

We would win every home game in the league, and we would draw 2 or 3 away games after the league was won. NO CHANCE of any defeats because we had a seige mentality and were out to prove a point to the world. Hell mend any SPL side that met us in the cups at home. We would adopt a brand of football that would become the club ethos and 3 years from now our whole academy would be adopting it as a religion (and we are actually playing punts up the park to Kevin Kyle. I could cry!). It worked wonders for teams like the German national side taking 3 or 4 years out to get to that point. When would you ever get that opportunity again?

My HONEST expectation was that Ally would not be the man to lead that rennaisance. I have said since the start of the season and before that he got too close to players during the troubles in the summer. He still wanted to be Ally pal\manager and it doesn't work. He still plays football with them at training and wants to be one of the guys. All the top managers find that distance between them and the players so that when they have to lay down the law the players fear the manager. Ally will NEVER get that. I KNEW the players had NO reason to fear either the manager or the chop because there is nobody to replace them and they sure as hell don't really fear Ally.

The only plus point for me is that OUR FANS HAVE FAR OUTWEIGHED ALL EXPECTATIONS and have made me even more proud than I have ever been to be a Rangers Man. For me that fans momentum HAS to be maintained otherwise it really is gloom and doom if you think about it.

I didn't expect the worst string of results in our entire history. Nor did I expect them to be dismissed like we are going through a bad patch in the SPL. We just lost against the worst team in Scotland today and to be told as a Rangers man that it will all be OK after we work on finishing at training this week frightens the living feckin daylights out of me. Are we going to be brain washed into accepting post match analysis' as though we are Raith Rovers or the likes?

Edited by Anchorman

Considering the state we were in and the SFL requirement on squad size , not much to be honest .

We still have 5 players registered which affected our ability to strengthen , howeverI did expect us to play much much better especially away from home .

I just want to know what your expectations were before the season started folks. That's all. :tu:

I know you did Zappa, but it's bloody hard when you start typing what your expectations were not to let the emotions take over because of the reality of those expectations being dashed in such an emphatic way.

I know you did Zappa, but it's bloody hard when you start typing what your expectations were not to let the emotions take over because of the reality of those expectations being dashed in such an emphatic way.

I understand that, but I just want to know what expectations people had before the season started if they can remember back to how they felt and were thinking in July. How those expectations have or haven't been dashed isn't part of the question. :)

Guest bluezulu

I expect Ally to get the heave after the share issue. I just do not trust Charlie Chuckles. There is something just not right about this whole set up.Every top bear has disappeared.