What expectations did you have in July before the season started?

I had none. I can recall a dull pain which seemed to get stronger every time I turned on my laptop, but the idea of setting goals for some season ahead would have meant a leap of imagination I wasn't capable of. I suppose you could say 'that Rangers would still exist in 12 months time' but that was more a desire than an expectation.

It's going to take a hell of a lot more than some pishy away days to make me anything but grateful I still have a team to support.

Promotion at the end of the season (and not by x-mas), some decent cup runs, a team that sorts itself out within 3 months and gets an idea about how football games in divi 3 are played and won. First and foremost, I wanted and still want a team continues our name and history ... whether the straits were broad or narrow.

I had none. I can recall a dull pain which seemed to get stronger every time I turned on my laptop, but the idea of setting goals for some season ahead would have meant a leap of imagination I wasn't capable of. I suppose you could say 'that Rangers would still exist in 12 months time' but that was more a desire than an expectation.

It's going to take a hell of a lot more than some pishy away days to make me anything but grateful I still have a team to support.

Isn't that a bit like someone who has a near death experience, they survive it, and from then on they have no goals or expectations in life, because they're just happy to be alive?

Plenty would argue that any idea of there being no Rangers at all was impossible, but even if it was possible i'd like to move on from it rather than be defined by it.

Promotion at the end of the season (and not by x-mas), some decent cup runs, a team that sorts itself out within 3 months and gets an idea about how football games in divi 3 are played and won. First and foremost, I wanted and still want a team continues our name and history ... whether the straits were broad or narrow.

So would a last day scramble with Queens Park to win the league, or only doing it via the play-offs, really be good enough for you?

Isn't that a bit like someone who has a near death experience, they survive it, and from then on they have no goals or expectations in life, because they're just happy to be alive?

Plenty would argue that any idea of there being no Rangers at all was impossible, but even if it was possible i'd like to move on from it rather than be defined by it.

No, I don't think so. It seems like a more understanding approach to a period which is always going to be traumatic, and will continue to be so for about another two years at best imo. It doesn't mean an acceptance of defeat or pitiful performances, and it doesn't mean having no goals. To use your medical analogy, it is like suffering a near fatal illness and taking a good long while to get back on your feet.

No, I don't think so. It seems like a more understanding approach to a period which is always going to be traumatic, and will continue to be so for about another two years at best imo. It doesn't mean an acceptance of defeat or pitiful performances, and it doesn't mean having no goals. To use your medical analogy, it is like suffering a near fatal illness and taking a good long while to get back on your feet.

Why should it have to be traumatic though? The theme from the start has been that the bottom tier gives fresh start to recover, the fanbase has rallied right behind it and top flight players have come along for the journey. But now that it's turned sour this is what we have to expect for two years?

You really have to consider what being back on your feet means for Rangers though, for me that's back at the top of Scottish football winning titles and progressing in Europe. So you're right, due to the near fatal illness it will take us a good long while to get back on our feet, there's three years of promotions to get then we'll see how difficult the SPL (or whatever form the top flight is in) is, catching Celtic certainly won't happen overnight. But to get back on your feet you need to at least be taking some small gradual steps of progress, for us that should be winning and playing some decent football in Scotland's fourth tier. This squad would probably get us no-where near the league title or do anything in Europe but we're a long way from that being the aims, all people are asking is to win and play well the vast majority of weeks against part time opposition, which they are however much credit they deserve for the fighting spirit.

Edited by simplythebest

Promotion from Div3 at the very least.

Decent cup runs

Showing signs of a club re-born with regard to playing style & policies.

So far, we're sitting in 3rd place, so point one is very achievable. we should however be sitting top with a few points gap...

Still in 2 out of 3 cups

No change on the playing style, but we are at least giving some youngsters a chance (albeit through necessity)

I would be concerned for the future succes of the club if we were to scrape promotion...