What expectations did you have in July before the season started?

Yep to those 2 signings, but I must admit my expectations took a big wobbly when we went after Kyle and Beattie (and Sandaza to an extent). I always worry about a manager who wants to buy 'big guns' but forgets to buy 'ammunition'.

I just mean in terms of the level, I thought throughout the summer any senior signings would be SFL players to be honest, when we started signing top SPL players and pretty experienced foreigners there really weren't any excuses. Gretna romped the third division and their wage bill while much bigger than the rest was still no-where near ours.

Frankly we look like we're wasting big wages right now, would the youth team have done any worse just being thrown in!?

I just mean in terms of the level, I thought throughout the summer any senior signings would be SFL players to be honest, when we started signing top SPL players and pretty experienced foreigners there really weren't any excuses. Gretna romped the third division and their wage bill while much bigger than the rest was still no-where near ours.

Frankly we look like we're wasting big wages right now, would the youth team have done any worse just being thrown in!?

Absolutely agree. My expectation about romping the league didn't change one little bit. The expectation that changed for me was the footballing ethos I thought we would nurture over the 3 years we would be out of the SPL. It just deflated me knowing Ally wanted to fight fire with fire in Div 3.

Absolutely agree. My expectation about romping the league didn't change one little bit. The expectation that changed for me was the footballing ethos I thought we would nurture over the 3 years we would be out of the SPL. It just deflated me knowing Ally wanted to fight fire with fire in Div 3.

There is that, and unlike Walter Smith Ally can't even seem to get the results needed playing turgid football. For me you cannot wipe out last seasons football events pre-administration either.

I know I went a wee bit off track as well in my last post but it would be interesting to keep it on track.

Thanks! Keeping it on track would be cool because I just wanted to gather info about everyone's expectations before the season started.

There is that, and unlike Walter Smith Ally can't even seem to get the results needed playing turgid football. For me you cannot wipe out last seasons football events pre-administration either.

I don't think it could be forgotten when forging pre-season expectations that our manager had actually thrown away a lead that would have had anyone else sacked, but was buried in the turmoil of administration. My expectations were that it would be a blessing in disguise going to Div 3 as Ally could cut his teeth as a manager and we could develop a young brand of football (obviously mixed with a few old heads) that would grow into a footballing ethic within 3 or 4 years. May still yet, but not when our young players are standing in midfield in times of trouble watching Alexander launching the ball into orbit, the ball passing miles over their heads, and coming down with snow ot top of it looking for Kevin Kyle etc.

This is a genuine question here folks.

What expectations did you have back in July before the season started?

Try to think back and recall what your expectations were and post them here if you can remember.

Cheers! :tu:

I thought we would win the league with a record number of pints and a goal difference of plus 200 and I see little reason why that wasn't realistic.