Any interesting news from last night's RST AGM with Charles G in da house?

Waiting for approval is unsatisfactory. Why should members have to wait a year for minutes to be produced? They should be made public within a reasonable time-frame (a month?) and be subject to approval.

As for the applications, they should still need to be voted in and members should still have the power to refuse to sanction their appointment.

One of the reasons I never renewed.

Living down south, I could never make the AGM. No chance of a vote, and even if I had, I have no idea of who the applicants are.

If it could become more user friendly I would renew.

It is a touch strange that people - rightly or wrongly - have a go at the RST, while you get next to next info on the other two main supporters associations, hear any thing about their "interna" or leading people, boards et al.

I'm not a member of the Assembly or the Association. :)

... yep, you still wonder what these are up - or not up - to.

I guess it's a fair point. The RST board members stick their heads up (and get a bit of criticism when they do so) and have a presence on forums whereas I'm not aware of the likes of Andy Kerr, Ross Blyth or John MacMillan doing it, although the RST want individual members whereas the Assembly and the Association are more interested in supporter clubs, and in general don't really care about how many they represent.

Following our AGM on Friday night, the Board of the Rangers Supporters’ Trust (RST) would like to thank the following:

Firstly, a massive thanks to the members who attended on Friday night and helped to make the AGM a great success. Membership involvement is vital to the on-going success of the RST. If you would like to join/ re-join the RST please sign up at the link below:

http://rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/about-the-trust/joining-the-trust.htm

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank the retiring board members for their years of hard work and dedication. Their contributions have helped to make the Trust the success it is today. We also warmly welcome the five new board members elected at Friday’s AGM. They bring with them energy, enthusiasm and considerable expertise which will allow the Trust to meet head on the upcoming challenges in what promises to be a very exciting year ahead. The new board members are:

Crawford Boyd

Lynn Cross

Andrew Sheppard

Jim Orr

Drew Roberton

Ian Paton

The facilities at Ibrox are first class and in the current climate of reduced revenue streams we would encourage all supporters to consider the Ibrox suites for their functions or indeed the Argyle House restaurant which offers one of the world’s most breath-taking views.

Argyle House: http://www.rangers.co.uk/hospitality-events/restaurant'>http://www.rangers.co.uk/hospitality-events/restaurant

Hospitality: http://www.rangers.co.uk/hospitality-events

Finally, we express our sincere gratitude to Charles Green for attending and addressing the members. Mr Green is working incredibly hard to rebuild the club and we appreciate him making himself available on a Friday night to meet with us all. We hope this is the start of a very strong and fruitful relationship going forward. Especially now he is a fellow RST member.

We will update fans in the next week or so with regards to the launch of the opportunity to invest in the Initial Public Offering of Rangers Shares through the Rangers Supporters Society.

Which board members stood down?

Are there not 6 new board members? :P

Yeag, I edited ian at the last minute there before it went live!

Joanne, Sie, Scott S and Scott W, two John's from RSA (Drew replaces them), Kenny P, Claire M. Might be more but the new list has been sent to the web developer to put up. Site's dragging though or I would have confirmed.

The board's practically brand new apart form three long term ones. At that, the constitution only allows 12 consecutive years on the board so changes are abound again.

Wow. Surprised that Joanne and Sie have stepped down although I guess they have been at it for a long time. Not surprised at Kenny given his (presumably current) location.

Doubt I will serve that length of time. Nearly ten years for the two of them. Kenny's a big miss too but if I was him I'd rather have Lanzorote.

The new guys and gals will bring plenty to the table.