Green - We wont go back to SPL

FUMING Charles Green is ready to lead the fight for top-flight change because he doesnâ??t want Rangers to return to the Scottish Premier League.

Green, who announced plans for a £20million share issue yesterday, will never forgive SPL chiefs for the way they gave the Light Blues the boot last summer.

The fiery Yorkshireman insisted he would be against a return to the SPL and hopes reconstruction might see the current set-up disbanded.

He said: â??The SPL threw us out. They then stole our money due for last year and also are pursuing us to strip titles.

â??Itâ??s like coming home, finding your wife in bed with the milkman, asking for a divorce, then a week later asking, â??Can you forgive me? Weâ??ll make up.â??

â??I canâ??t make up. If the Rangers fans can make up, get on with it. But Charles Green will never forget what the SPL has done and thatâ??s why I am anti going back where we were told we werenâ??t wanted.â?

The Ibrox owner believes Scottish football is on its knees and there needs to be radical change from top to bottom. He feels there need to be talks and a master plan put in place to try and save the game.

Green added: â??On the SPL, Stewart Regan said the other day they will be looking at reconstruction.

â??Scottish football is broken. Attendances are not there, the gates are falling, the interest is falling and it needs to be fixed.

â??Where we are, as the biggest club in Scotland â?? by fans, by numbers, by any number of multiples â?? we need to be sat round that table with Celtic and the other people to look at how Scotland can move forward.â?

He also confirmed that he is due to hold talks with the SFA on their vision for the future.

â??I canâ??t affect league reconstruction,â? Green acknowledged.

â??I donâ??t know what the SFL and SPL is thinking.

â??I donâ??t know what the FA is thinking.

â??We are having a meeting with Campbell Ogilvie and Stewart Regan shortly to see the SFAâ??s thoughts because we want to draw a line and move forward.â?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/351597

FUMING Charles Green is ready to lead the fight for top-flight change because he doesn’t want Rangers to return to the Scottish Premier League.

Green, who announced plans for a £20million share issue yesterday, will never forgive SPL chiefs for the way they gave the Light Blues the boot last summer.

The fiery Yorkshireman insisted he would be against a return to the SPL and hopes reconstruction might see the current set-up disbanded.

He said: “The SPL threw us out. They then stole our money due for last year and also are pursuing us to strip titles.

“It’s like coming home, finding your wife in bed with the milkman, asking for a divorce, then a week later asking, ‘Can you forgive me? We’ll make up.’

“I can’t make up. If the Rangers fans can make up, get on with it. But Charles Green will never forget what the SPL has done and that’s why I am anti going back where we were told we weren’t wanted.”

The Ibrox owner believes Scottish football is on its knees and there needs to be radical change from top to bottom. He feels there need to be talks and a master plan put in place to try and save the game.

Green added: “On the SPL, Stewart Regan said the other day they will be looking at reconstruction.

“Scottish football is broken. Attendances are not there, the gates are falling, the interest is falling and it needs to be fixed.

“Where we are, as the biggest club in Scotland – by fans, by numbers, by any number of multiples – we need to be sat round that table with Celtic and the other people to look at how Scotland can move forward.”

He also confirmed that he is due to hold talks with the SFA on their vision for the future.

“I can’t affect league reconstruction,” Green acknowledged.

“I don’t know what the SFL and SPL is thinking.

“I don’t know what the FA is thinking.

“We are having a meeting with Campbell Ogilvie and Stewart Regan shortly to see the SFA’s thoughts because we want to draw a line and move forward.”

Contradiction and much ado about nothing.

“Where we are, as the biggest club in Scotland – by fans, by numbers, by any number of multiples – we need to be sat round that table with Celtic and the other people to look at how Scotland can move forward.”

...what a load of pish. We are in the 3rd Division and now go forward with how we need to talk to Celtic.

What a step down. Lets all go cap in hand.

Aye right man

Edited by 54andcounting

Green is having a go at the SPL set-up, the "greater clubs" - club driven by agendas of a few. No contradiction there, since we need to speak to the SFA to see how reconstruction of Scottish football will work best for all. We need to speak to the Hooped Horrors, since no matter what, the "Old Firm" will remain the driving force in the game as such. Yet, in a new set-up, the influence of one club will hopefully be removed and to make sure of that, we - again - have to e.g. be invloved in the process of change.

Edited by der Berliner

Would be incredibly stupid if we didn't go back to the top league in Scotland. The club needs to be challenging for top honours and playing in the Champions League - you can't do that in the First Division.

That being said when we eventually get to the First Division I don't think the SPL will be there in its current form.