Whyte still wanting his Millions

FORMER Rangers owner Craig Whyte is preparing to claim millions of pounds from the remains of the old club that collapsed earlier this year.

The controversial businessman is hoping for a huge payout from the sale of the assets to new owner Charles Green's Sevco consortium.

Whyte told The Herald he believes the RFC Group he used to buy the club and pay off its £18 million debt â?? using future season ticket sales â?? held a valid security over the Ibrox outfit's assets sold to Mr Green for £5.5m.

If successful he will be placed ahead of other creditors when the remaining money brought in by the liquidation of the failed Rangers company is distributed.

Whyte said: "Everyone knows there was a security there. All these things are being dealt with."

A recent progress report by administrators Duff & Phelps showed the old company had around £2.3m of funds â?? although a further £2.8m is estimated to be owed through outstanding transfer fees and millions more could be realised from outstanding litigation.

The administrators were also pursuing an unquantified sum held by Uefa as a result of players participating in matches for their national teams.

In their report Duff & Phelps also said they believed Whyte's company was not owed anything.

London ticket agency Ticketus bought the season ticket rights from Whyte and is pursuing him for more than £20m paid to RFC Group to help him complete his disastrous takeover of Rangers. That money was used by RFC Group to pay off Rangers' £18m debt with Lloyds Banking Group.

and people still think we weren't deliberately liquidated.

I think most people don't have a clue what has happened. And probably never will.

I do know that I've learned nothing from a single post of yours on the subject. Is there any chance you could give it a rest?

I think most people don't have a clue what has happened. And probably never will.

I do know that I've learned nothing from a single post of yours on the subject. Is there any chance you could give it a rest?

you want me to not give my views because you don't like them?

Say Rangers had retained the likes of Naismith, McGregor, Davis etc and sold them at the start of the season for millions, would Whyte have been entitled to a large slice of it?.

Just wondering.

that's what he thinks. it what he's always thought and imho planned.

d&p insist otherwise but of course they are whytes pals.

bdo hmrc liquidator will be very against it of course.

whyte bought us and put this charge in place.

at the same time he said no matter what happens I have a plan that means I will come out the other end as owner.

he then ran us in such a way that liquidation was inevitable.

he's now crystalizing the charge he put in place to get his money back and some people believe he owns us as he promised he would.

we can only hope his plan went wrong this time.

that's what he thinks. it what he's always thought and imho planned.

d&p insist otherwise but of course they are whytes pals.

bdo hmrc liquidator will be very against it of course.

whyte bought us and put this charge in place.

at the same time he said no matter what happens I have a plan that means I will come out the other end as owner.

he then ran us in such a way that liquidation was inevitable.

he's now crystalizing the charge he put in place to get his money back and some people believe he owns us as he promised he would.

we can only hope his plan went wrong this time.

I agreed with all that right up until you come out with he still owns us rubbish.

and people still think we weren't deliberately liquidated.

That wouldnt have changed an ounce with your much lauded TBK. They also were never going to get a CVA approved, regardless of protestations that they could have.