How can Scottish football possibly survive.

without us they'll struggle to keep their current players to play in a meaningless SPL & struggle to attract decent new players. Qualifying for CL will therefore be harder as a result. If he was honest ( which he isn't) Liewell would admit he wanted us kept in SPL but with points deductions for each season over 2 or 3 years. It was only when a few of the hooped horrors from their supporters associations got in on the act he changed tune.

Spot on,also the fact they thought we would be accepted into D1

Saturday 27/10/12

BHEASTS v Killie - Att: 47,971????

SHEEP v Dundee - Att: 10,425

Hertz v Ross County - Att: 12,139

ICT v St Johnstone - Att: 3,154

St Midden v DUTD - Att: 4,333

Motherwell v HIVS - Att: 5,301

Total = 83,323

Edited by ian1964

On a sidenote ... we debated about the standards of training at MP et al:

+ + +

Daily Mirror By Bill Mills

'I thought QPR were a Scottish club!' Stephane Mbia admits Rangers move was a mystery

27 Oct 2012 22:28

Hoops defender also reveals that Mark Hughes didn't know if it was worth signing him from Marseille

QPR defender Stephane Mbia claims manager Mark Hughes did not even know *whether he was worth signing.

Mbia, sold by *Marseille for £5million in August, told French newspaper L’Equipe: “The manager knew my name and had seen me in the Champions League, but did not really know whether I was good or not.”

Mbia – sent off yesterday for kicking out against Arsenal’s Thomas *Vermaelen – admitted QPR were just as big a mystery for him: “I thought they were a Scottish club. Marseille needed the money. So I thought why not if it is for their good and mine, but I would never have thought of coming here.”

On QPR’s tactics, Mbia said: “There is only *playing and very little tactics. We don’t *really train in the week, we have rest days, but we haven’t the right to mess up on match days.”

And Mbia has had problems on the pitch before his sending off at the *Emirates. He said: “Against West Ham, I went to see the referee to tell him Andy Carroll kept elbowing me. The ref *replied: ‘Welcome to England’.”

Meanwhile, QPR boss Mark Hughes has raged at the referee for a decision that could cost him his job - with Harry Redknapp and Rafael Benitez in the frame to replace him.

+ + +

BTW, I would expect that a modern-day professional trains on his own or does some gym work even if the club has no training / practise matches set up.

I caught a quick glance at McCoist in the Record talking about Rangers having a set-up along the lines of Ajax,PSV etc.

He's right in many ways but unfortunately I don't see him as being the man to introduce that kind of philosophy. What's Jan Wouters doing these days?

I caught a quick glance at McCoist in the Record talking about Rangers having a set-up along the lines of Ajax,PSV etc.

He's right in many ways but unfortunately I don't see him as being the man to introduce that kind of philosophy. What's Jan Wouters doing these days?

He is manager of Utrecht. Doing not too bad but still seen as many as an assistant rather than No.1