Rangers confirm interest in Naismith.

I've used the McCoist comparison before, but only in the sense that he's not afraid to miss a few chances before scoring one or more in a match.

We've not seen him up front alongside a big target man, but I've no doubting he'd thrive if he was given time to form a partnership with another striker to play off.

Thats the thing tho!! He NEEDS a big target man with him. Why waste 2 positions by playing him up alone???

OK, so who would you play instead? You obviously think we've got good strikers queuing up to take his place?

Well Novo should play through the middle for a start,

Yes folks and thats THROUGH THE MIDDLE before you re-quote me.

Sebo should / needs a run of games. He has barely played 50 minutes and folk are on his back.

Well Novo should play through the middle for a start,

Yes folks and thats THROUGH THE MIDDLE before you re-quote me.

Sebo should / needs a run of games. He has barely played 50 minutes and folk are on his back.

I agree Re Sebo - he hasn't looked that great but he has hardly had a chance to prove himself.

I am also inclined to agree Re Novo but the fans would have to be patient IMO. He plays on confidence and now that he has bagged a couple of goals he will be high on confidence so maybe a start in his preferred position might yield results.

I agree Re Sebo - he hasn't looked that great but he has hardly had a chance to prove himself.

I am also inclined to agree Re Novo but the fans would have to be patient IMO. He plays on confidence and now that he has bagged a couple of goals he will be high on confidence so maybe a start in his preferred position might yield results.

Yeah and the other thing with Novo is he can score 25 a season through the midddle (proven) but when he is our wide people jump to the conclusion he isnt a player anymore.

Yes, I agree that our strikers need some consistency up front and I'd love to see a front 2 which is given a chance to form a partnership. but I'd have Boyd in there first and then Sebo or Novo alongside him.

Novo's shown that he needs confidence, but he's also shown, even when he first came here, that he's not a natural finisher as such, he lacks composure and I don't think anyone ever thought he was the long term answer did he? He shone at Dundee and Raith Rovers though, but I don't remember him being amazing when he was first choice here.

Sebo hasn't had much of a chance to shine and that's strange given how much he cost.

Novo and Boyd through the middle might work. But on the basis of what I've seen with my own eyes, I still don't understand how you think dropping Boyd can be a good idea when he's the most natural finisher we have. Do the stats not speak for themselves? Whether he starts or comes on as a sub, he inevitably scores. Do you honestly see any of our other strikers scoring more than he does, even if they had a good run in the team?

Yes, I agree that our strikers need some consistency up front and I'd love to see a front 2 which is given a chance to form a partnership. but I'd have Boyd in there first and then Sebo or Novo alongside him.

Its down to pure opinion as who someone would have up top. Maybe my take on Boyd would change if he got a run of games with a target man next to him. But my preference would be to see Novo and Sebo have a run together.

:)

Its down to pure opinion as who someone would have up top. Maybe my take on Boyd would change if he got a run of games with a target man next to him. But my preference would be to see Novo and Sebo have a run together.

:)

I'd like to give Sebo a chance but its a catch 22 situation. So far, he's looked pretty poor to be honest, even struggling with basic ball control. He does need a run in the team but I'd be slightly worried if that run was with Novo as we couldn't afford to start trying out things in the first team now as we're too far behind Celtic as it is. if Novo started banging the goals in then yes, put Sebo in there and if Novo can carry the scoring for a bit on his own then we'd be fine. I think Sebo might be a victim of cicrumstance this season though. If we're going to get second place we can't afford to carry any passengers now.