Rangers confirm interest in Naismith.

Agree with Ian on this, if he brings in inexperience why not try our own youngsters like Furman, Stanger, Ponroy, N'Diaye, Ashokidi (sp).

The squad is crying out for experienced players and id like to see 1 or 2 bigger named players added in january whether it be permanent or loans

By all accounts the players you mention are all doing good, so as far as i'm concerned we have plenty young players, if we can't buy experienced players then we could try and get a couple on loan

I would rather see a big strong Mark Hatley. Chris Sutton kind of player that can control and hold the ball up front. I am afraid i am not a Boyd fan he gives the team nothing when he dosn't score. Yes he does score a lot but the fact is we cannot hold the ball up,in a forward position, which can also put extra pressure on the midfield and defence.

I would rather see a big strong Mark Hatley. Chris Sutton kind of player that can control and hold the ball up front. I am afraid i am not a Boyd fan he gives the team nothing when he dosn't score. Yes he does score a lot but the fact is we cannot hold the ball up,in a forward position, which can also put extra pressure on the midfield and defense.

Boyd's hold up play last night was awful. A number of times the ball was played to him and he was either beaten to the ball or his first touch was a 60 yard pass.

Boyd's hold up play last night was awful. A number of times the ball was played to him and he was either beaten to the ball or his first touch was a 60 yard pass.

Agreed Stewarty apart from the goal he did nothing yesterday. You can only blame the defence for the first goal(the punt) yesterday but many goals are created from lost possesion up front.Also he does have an eye for a goal but not for his fellow players, Prso sets goals up for other players, i don't think Boyd knows he is playing with other players.

I think Boyd has got a few assists this season too though, I seem to remember a couple of knock-downs in Livorno for example? I think people often forget just how young Boyd is and where we signed him from, he was never going to be a complete player at his age. He's our top scorer yet again, what more do people want? As far as I'm concerned, that's one position we don't have to worry about in the starting XI. We could of course drop him for a bit and see how we do, but I wonder where we'd be in the table now if you took away some of his goals?

I really don't understand why Boyd seems to get such a hard time sometimes.

An experienced centre half has to be the first priority in the January window. If PLG doesn't address our problems there, I think he's skating on very thin ice with a lot of the support and will just make it hard for himself if things do get worse.

I think Boyd has got a few assists this season too though, I seem to remember a couple of knock-downs in Livorno for example? I think people often forget just how young Boyd is and where we signed him from, he was never going to be a complete player at his age. He's our top scorer yet again, what more do people want? As far as I'm concerned, that's one position we don't have to worry about in the starting XI. We could of course drop him for a bit and see how we do, but I wonder where we'd be in the table now if you took away some of his goals?

An experienced centre half has to be the first priority in the January window. If PLG doesn't address our problems there, I think he's skating on very thin ice with a lot of the support and will just make it hard for himself if things do get worse.

Agree 100% with your post, yes he does go missing at times and maybe he could hold the ball up better, as i'm a Boyd fan i know he will improve

One or two assists in how many games that is exactly the problem. Football is a game with 11 players and not 10 and chris Boyd. At this moment he is the best we have but i would be looking to replace him. You cannot learn to be a target man you are born like that. He may improve a little but will never become the complete package. I would not put Boyd as better as a super-sub.

I would rather see a big strong Mark Hatley. Chris Sutton kind of player that can control and hold the ball up front. I am afraid i am not a Boyd fan he gives the team nothing when he dosn't score. Yes he does score a lot but the fact is we cannot hold the ball up,in a forward position, which can also put extra pressure on the midfield and defence.

Yeah agreed, he is no McCoist, i cant believe folk compare the 2. Super Ally did so much more off the ball.

Boyd is useless unless he is up there with a Mark Hateley. Without one he makes Capucho look a player!

I'm a Boyd fan too and believe he'll score plenty of goals this season. Was just really pointing out how important it is for the team that he holds the ball better when it's played to him. If he controlled the ball more often he can bring other players into the game or draw fouls allowing the whole team to move up the pitch and thus take the pressure off and or create set piece and attacking opportunities.

Yeah agreed, he is no McCoist, i cant believe folk compare the 2. Super Ally did so much more off the ball.

Boyd is useless unless he is up there with a Mark Hateley. Without one he makes Capucho look a player!

I've used the McCoist comparison before, but only in the sense that he's not afraid to miss a few chances before scoring one or more in a match.

We've not seen him up front alongside a big target man, but I've no doubting he'd thrive if he was given time to form a partnership with another striker to play off.

As for your second comment, that's just rubbish and has to be very much tongue in cheek surely. Capucho?!

Still can't believe how harsh people are being on a 23 year old who has what, 7 starts in the SPL this year and 7 goals to his name? We should be building our team around players like this surely? I'm not saying he's the perfect striker, he's got to work on his overall game a lot more, but he's young. If he was the perfect all-round striker at that age, I'm sure he would be in the Premiership instead of with us as there's not many strikers at that age who are the whole package.

Just bemused really by the stick he gets.