Leggat- CREEP In Fantasy Land In Villarreal

ODIOUS CREEP has stepped right into the vanguard of the movement which looks like it is trying to scupper the Rangers share issue and kill the club.

And it looks as though the Heraldâ??s on-line columnist is in the company of those other well-known Rangers haters, Channel Fourâ??s Alex Thomson, Philmacgiollabhain and Mirror Group Newspapers sports writer, Brian Patrick McNally.

Yesterday I highlighted the blatant lie published on McNallyâ??s official Mirror Twitter account by the Sunday Mirrorâ??s Brian Patrick McNally and told Rangers supporters what to do to bring about this liarâ??s downfall.

Now I want to turn my attention to Odious Creep and the coincidence of another lie, published just over twenty four hours after McNallyâ??s falsehood that Rangers fans had been signing the Famine Song during Sundayâ??s match against Clyde at Broadwood. A theme which was taken up by another arch-Rangers hater, Philmacgiollabhain.

Creep seldom dallies with the truth and his infatuation fantasy land has taken him down another yellow brick road and his dotty destination was put there for all to see by the Herald in its on-line edition, where Odious Creep claimed that he was attacked by Rangers supporters on the streets of Villarreal on his way to report on the Rangers Champions League match there in the Spring of 2006.

Actually, what Odious Creep wrote was: â??I got fairly bumped around and was spat on.â?

How do I know that those Odious Creep claims are preposterous and that it did not happen like that?

Easy!

The answer is because I was there, within touching distance of him. Though â?? and I must stress this â?? I did not touch him. Perhaps Odious Creep has forgotten that. I saw what actually happened and not what Odious Creep has convinced himself did happen and which he now wants others to believe happened.

I was on the same media coach he travelled on and which made the journey to the Villarreal from Valencia where we were all based. The coach could not get into the narrow and badly congested street where the ground is and deposited journalists just round the corner from the Madrigal.

The whole area was a crowded, jostling mass of teeming humanity, Scots and Spaniards and police and we all loudly encouraged the Spanish bus driver to get us nearer. He just shrugged his shoulders and said something in Spanish about tomorrow.

As we filed down the stairs and out of the bus, I actually exited immediately behind Odious Creep. For the rest of the 200 yards, round the corner and down a narrow street thronged with supporters of both sides, I was never more than four yards behind him.

To give those who were not there an idea of the scene, let me say it was a bit like getting across the narrow railway bridge which leads away from Hibernianâ??s ground and down towards Easter Road. There was no room to swing a cat.

During this crawl of a walk through a congested area with Coronation Street back-to-back houses, which reminded me of the streets which used to surround Derbyâ??s old Baseball Ground, Rangers supporters spotted and identified a number of reporters, including me.

We were the target for the usual boisterous shouting, cheering and jeering, with plenty of the sort of industrial language which is part and parcel of big football crowds.

Rangers supporters were in high spirits, in good spirits, but they still managed to make their feelings about Odious Creep known to him. Verbally!

At no time did I witness him being assaulted as we bustled our way through the tightly packed crowds on the narrow streets.

And at no time, from a distance of no more than four yards from him throughout this journey, did I see him being spat on.

He was in my view for the whole journey. What he says happened, did not happen.

Certainly he was on the end of some choice insults. But, hey, itâ??s a manâ??s game, after all. And Iâ??ve seen some reporters get a lot worse from the Tartan Army at Glasgow Airport.

So, why did Odious Creep chose to make these allegations for the very first time now, more than six years after the Rangers trip to Villarreal?

Well, it was perfectly timed after the in-the-main unsubstantiated claims by Alex Thomson on Channel Four that more than 30 Scottish journalists have been threatened by Rangers supporters, a figure which he plucked, unchecked, from Philmacgiollabhainâ??s rant to the strongly anti Rangers National Union of Journalists.

And it came after Creep actually made it into the print edition of the Herald last week with a story previewing Alex Thomsonâ??s Channel Four claims.

Strange, that!

Isnâ??t it?

There is also the curious case about Odious Creepâ??s hazy recall about his claims of his then editor at the Herald telephoning him to ask whether he thought the paper should contact the police to give Creep security advice.

What Creep wrote when trying to tell us when this is supposed to have happened was: â??Round about 2005.â?

Eh?

Let me run that piece of imprecise reporting past you again.

Odious Creep wrote: â??Round about 2005.â?

So was that in winter 2004 near the turn of the year? Or was it early in 2006 just after the turn of the year? Or in any of the twelve months which made up 2005?

It just goes to show what pap the Herald in prepared to publish these days. Even in the outer limits of its on-line-only-edition.

What I believe we are seeing is a concentrated, if not orchestrated attempt, by those who hate Rangers to sabotage Charles Greenâ??s efforts to attract institutional investors when the new Rangers regime launches its share issue.

Odious Creep, Brian Patrick McNally and Philmacgiollabhain and their cohorts can do nothing to stop Rangers supporters buying into the dream with their money.

But by blackening the name, Rangers, they can cause Charles Green a problem when it comes to attracting the sort of major investors, the sort of big players from the City of London and further afield he wants to attract. The people with the sort of cash which can return Rangers to the place Odious Creep, Brian Patrick McNally and Philmacgiollabhain most certainly do not want to see them. The top!

Some Rangers supporters have been dismissive of my continued highlighting of the danger to the club Odious Creep presents. They saw him as a spent force.

My belief was that he would forge new alliances, stoop to the gutters and beyond to the sewers, in a desperate attempt to damage Rangers, especially while they remain vulnerable. My belief is that Odious Creep wants to try to finish them off.

Judging by what he wrote in the Herald-on-line-edition yesterday, it would appear that my fears have been confirmed.

AND......

I was surprised to learn that some Rangers supporters â?? though only an underwhelming minority â?? failed to realise the importance of the point I made when I highlighted the fact that the Herald and BBC Scotland ignored the Celtic connection and thus the link to Scotland, regarding the care home scandal in England.

However, the overwhelming majority must surely have got the point. In fact, I know they did.

Fortunately at least one Irish newspaper was not so squeamish when it came to pointing out that connection to the Republic of Ireland.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/six-jailed-at-care-home-linked-to-key-irish-investors-3276105.html

Which once again serves to emphasise just how in thrall to the power of Parkhead and to Celtic supporters some Scottish news media outlets are. Especially the Herald and BBC Scotland, two media outlets which have something else in common.

They both employ Odious Creep.

Pip Pip.

It is annoying how some people can just tell lies and get away with it,it seems Rangers bloggers all prove these clowns to be liars time and again and yet the mainstream mHedia continues to print these lies and even have a slot on C4 to present these lies as fact. Do Rangers have a PR man/woman?

It is annoying how some people can just tell lies and get away with it,it seems Rangers bloggers all prove these clowns to be liars time and again and yet the mainstream mHedia continues to print these lies and even have a slot on C4 to present these lies as fact. Do Rangers have a PR man/woman?

I watched the CH4 piece from Alex Thomson last night out of curiosity and couldn't believe what I was seeing. No evidence, cleverly edited quotes from the QC, conjecture and hearsay seemed to form the basis of it. If anybody thinks high profile media outlets aren't out to harm Rangers and demonise the fans all they have to do is watch that report.

It has to be given the green light at a high level and probably be run past lawyers so the question is who at CH4 is authorising this dangerous rubbish? Spiers is just a desperate man who will latch onto anything to give his fading profile and credibility a boost. I have no doubt he'd do the same with Celtic if it benefited him.

When was it Celtic fans threw a bottle at a press bus (possibly in Spain as well) and the media didn't report it?

Frankie it was I believe the year after the Villareal game with us , I can find out because my mate was on the bus , not only did it hit the bus it shattered the window right beside , ironically the reporters from the septic view , oh the irony .

But as you say like many many other incidents its sweep sweep time

This is the first decent blog i've seen from Leggat for a while, although I tend not to bother clicking on them.

It is a very poor show that no one seems to question what a journalist reports these days except bloggers who are largely ignored.

We need a pro-active PR team to counter these claims. & I mean counter them, not just point to an incident similar with Celtic fans that wasn't reported.