Wee Barry McKay

none of the kids are going to be great week in week out. they will have their off days along the way but we must give them the room to breath. There is no need to critisise them at such an early stage in their careers.

let them get on with it.

Couldnt agree more.

But the OP was premature.... but I hear that about Zappa a lot :D

I've only saw the guy a few times and thought he looked good. He wants to attack defenders and doesn't try to beat them, then beat them again, then again then lose it. I hope he can progress well and McCoist keeps the boys feet on the ground.

So when the manager decides not to play one of the young guys like Barry maybe because he is trying to protect him a lot of fans get on the managers' back about it,then if the manager persists with a young player who maybe is not playing so well a lot of fans get on the managers back for it!. Who would be a manager eh?.

So when the manager decides not to play one of the young guys like Barry maybe because he is trying to protect him a lot of fans get on the managers' back about it,then if the manager persists with a young player who maybe is not playing so well a lot of fans get on the managers back for it!. Who would be a manager eh?.

for a million quid a year. almost anyone.

The first was a belter, but the way he took the second, when he had time to think, showed someone with a bit of composure.

The second goal showed the lad's primary talents IMO.

He read the game well, made a great run, had a couple of excellent touches and finished with aplomb - all belying his relative inexperience. The lad has talent - he just needs to be carefully nurtured.

I am, I guess, knocking you..... for getting too carried away too soon :flipa:

:D

I could say the same about you though, perhaps even more so..... :flipa:

Fraser Aird - what a talent - take a bow son

we used MacLeod and Hutton in midfield and we were more than happy to get the ball wide to Aird (what a find this boy is).

Have to say that, whilst I know it is early days, I am incredibly excited by the talent of Fraser Aird,

I hope we see a whole lot more of Aird - this lad, once he matures and makes slightly better decisions, could be a real talent and an integral part of our future.

Really though, if I were the manager I would be starting every game with Aird on one wing and McKay on the other - this gives us the width we need to stretch teams. Once Templeton is fit it will be interesting to see which one of Aird or McKay has to sit out - one thing is for sure though, all of a sudden we have a number of options to play wide positions, with pace and trickery to match.