Wee Barry McKay

He's certainly got lots of potential but as EDGE says he can drift out of games.

I'm pretty happy with his exposure to the team so far and think using him tentatively is the best way to maximise his development.

Quote from Barrie McKay about Saturdays match:

“when I went on I just tried to keep getting on the ball and to get at the defenders."

That's exactly what we need, and something we've been lacking for a wee while IMHO.....someone who lifts their head & runs at the opposing defence.

With McKay, Aird & Templeton, it is hopefully something we're gonna see an awful lot more of.

BARRIE McKAY is confident that Rangers' young guns can continue to lead the way for Ally McCoist's men.

The 17-year-old marked his William Hill Scottish Cup debut in stunning fashion, turning in a superb second-half cameo as he bagged two goals in the Gers' 7-0 demolition of Alloa.

Ibrox boss McCoist handed another start to the impressive Lewis Macleod for the cup clash, with McKay then replacing winger Fraser Aird on the hour mark.

The Light Blue kids have shone so far this term and McKay admits his gaffer plays a key role in their speedy development. He said: "Lewis has played every game, so he has adapted to it well and is playing well, the same with Fraser Aird, who is playing great.

"When you come on or when you start, the fans are always behind you, so that gives you the boost you need.

"It is hard for everyone, the more experienced ones and the younger ones, but the fans are always on your side no matter what happens.

"The manager talks to you a lot, which is good. The fact that he talks you through the game helps a lot.

"It is the same with the rest of the coaching staff as well. Sometimes you can hear him, it depends how loud the fans are at the time."

McKay has already shown his promise with a number of eye-catching performances in the Irn-Bru Third Division this season as McCoist has placed his faith in his Murray Park proteges.

The youngster netted a superb late double on Saturday, blasting home from distance before rounding off the scoring with a neat finish after he burst through the Alloa rearguard and slotted beyond keeper Scott Bain with style.

McKay said: "It is good to get on and get a chance and to score is even better. It is a lot harder coming off the bench when you are losing and there is a lot of expectation. When things don't go your way, it is hard to make an impression.

"I would say my first one [was better]. The manager said to me that the way I took the second one was really good, so it was a confidence boost that the manager notices that.

"I have hit a few shots and none of them have gone in, so the fact that that one went in was something special."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/barrie-says-gaffer-talks-good-game-106227n.19330527

I wouldnt get too carried away with him... he has also looked dross on occasion this season too.

In fairness though, every single one of our players have looked dross on occassion this season.

In fairness though, every single one of our players have looked dross on occassion this season.

Makes no difference though Zappa, we arent discussing the other players, are we ?

In the context of your OP I would suggest that you are getting carried away with his goals the other day. Good player, yes. Potential to be a cracking player, yes.

But he has also been mince as often as he has been good this season. In fact, his poor games probably outweigh his good.

I am not knocking the lad, not at all. He is exciting, direct, clearly has an eye for goal - but is still very rough around the edges and often makes the wrong decision.

I am, I guess, knocking you..... for getting too carried away too soon :flipa:

none of the kids are going to be great week in week out. they will have their off days along the way but we must give them the room to breath. There is no need to critisise them at such an early stage in their careers.

let them get on with it.