Charles Green meeting yesterday

yes they could. its almost like someone told them they didn't have to and told them they were about to get us only hours before delivering us lock stock and barrel to someone no one had heard of before and later were revealed to have known for months they were going to buy us and were found by d&p........
Lol, no reasoning with you on that issue.

Got to remember that 7mill a year has to cover a lot of people not just the playing staff, we are a big machine to keep moving behind the scenes. Would be interesting to know the exact player wage and the rest of the staff wage.

i know it does mate, we are a big company but the salaries of some of our players are not secret with half of our first team taking home upwards of 5 grand a week.

green said the wage bill had dropped from 30 million to 7.

when aj was saying the playing budget was 16 million the accounts were showing 25 million.

that's my reasoning.

i remember seeing the accounts a few years back, the media had our wage bill at 25 million but on the accounts our staff costs were over 34 million, that must have included bain etc and all the admin staff.

"In our current financial year, which ends on June 30, we will have had two seasons' season tickets, because next year's season tickets will go on sale in May.

"By the end of June we'll have collected, so I'll have another pile of cash before this (financial) year ends.

"Rangers is in such a fantastically strong position without the IPO."

Clarifying his use of "I", Green added: "I am Rangers. I'm running that club, I'm making the decisions and I'm going to protect that club with my life. No-one's ever going to abuse it.

"I've started to catch Rangers-itis. What I do see now is an opportunity to finish it and take it back to greatness.

"I won't leave before Champions League music's playing at Ibrox. But I've already changed my mind once, so it may be I end up changing my mind until we win it (the Champions League)."

Green says the player wage bill has been cut from £27 million ($41.87 million) to under £7 million ($10.86 million) and that Rangers is in rude health.

He added: "The club has got cash, it's still got no debts. In terms of the monthly requirements for cash, we can't run out of money."

The no debts is somewhat stretching credibility to beyond bursting point, silly me it's the new sort of debt called internal debt.

green said the wage bill had dropped from 30 million to 7.

when aj was saying the playing budget was 16 million the accounts were showing 25 million.

that's my reasoning.

Hearts reputedly spent 8m on wages last year. Despite that they lost 11 times to non-OF SPL teams - and won 13 times. They won, drew and lost to ICT. They won once and lost three times to Motherwell.

It shows that that kind of wage bill doesn't guarantee wins against SPL teams.

We started a brand new company, of course the debt is going to be very low if any at all.

We simply do not know yet, hopefully the prospectus will fully explain but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

One thing is crystal clear, that is the "no debt" has metamorphosised into "no external debt", very reminiscent of the "bank debt" declarations from across the city.

We simply do not know yet, hopefully the prospectus will fully explain but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

One thing is crystal clear, that is the "no debt" has metamorphosised into "no external debt", very reminiscent of the "bank debt" declarations from across the city.

I said at the time of the whole speculation about a 'loan' owing money to your owners isn't really much of a worry, a load of English clubs have that kind of situation.

Point is we don't owe anything to the likes of HMRC and Lloyds, Green is presumably paying all the bills.

I said at the time of the whole speculation about a 'loan' owing money to your owners isn't really much of a worry, a load of English clubs have that kind of situation.

Point is we don't owe anything to the likes of HMRC and Lloyds, Green is presumably paying all the bills.

It entirely depends on what those making the "loans" want/expect/get in return, debt is debt whoever it is owed to as Hearts supporters are about to find out.