Charles Green meeting yesterday

I don't think having a season book again this season is glory-hunting but more about maintaining our financial support for the club we love.

Doesn't make season book holders any more of a fan than anyone else but the suggestion people bought them because they thought we'd win easily isn't correct IMO.

Defiance is a factor, no doubt about it IMO, but given we've had around 37000 season ticket holders for the last 20 odd years, it's not as big a factor as some in the media want to make out. Loyalty, commitment and passion are bigger. :)

price and guaranteed glory bigger than them all imo. :thup:

if you want to turn a profit moneys got to come out somehow.

while green says investement in shares no will go to the club future purchase of shares will go to green etc. as i have said before if someone has 40 million to invest in rangers then the more they have to pay to buy it the less that goes into the club.

but such is life.

he is a journeyman frankie. 5 different clubs in the last 2 to 3 years and has been sent out on loan twice in his mid to late 20's too. he has won 1 minor trophy in a career stretching 16 years. not really the stats of a player with a solid reputation. please dont mistake this as a personal attack on the player, it isnt, its more to do with my anger at our transfer policy.

i know of black personally through family so its easy for me to say we should never have touched him. that is all i will say. sandaza i have been very disappointed with. what annoys me with this one is 5 grand a week when we could have went to airdrie and livingston and got two of scotlands hottest prospects for pennies and on a pittance compared to sandaza, both of whom, speak english(not that fran cant but its not great), are young, are hungry, are pacey, score goals and have potentially huge sell on values, that for me, would have been very exciting but we went the other way, the wrong way.

nothing anyone says about faure or argyriou will convince me about them. two very average footballers. again, they may not even speak english yet we could have looked within our leagues and been more clever. you are not telling me ally tracked them or scouted them over any period of time frankie?

a high wage budget would never sway me to buy a book, it should always be about quality not quantity, isnt that what walter and ally used to mock the tims about indirectly?

Cribari spent over 12 years in the Italian leagues including a decent return of appearances in Serie A and for Lazio. Is he the world's best defender? Not at all but he's got great experience and, like Weir, was arguably a sensible signing even if his early season form has been inconsistent.

I also know Black personally (he drinks in my old local and is friendly with close friends of mine) and, like you, I doubt many of us would have fancied him because of various rumours we all know about. However, on the field, he has shown himself to be a useful midfield player over the years so signing him wasn't a bad decision. The same goes for Sandaza and Shiels - both experienced players with undoubted talent.

I'm not saying none of these players have their faults but they are good signings for our level and will have attracted some fans. Time will tell whether our scouting policy (Neil Murray works hard I'm told) is the right one (like you I doubt it and wonder at the Stretford/Mather influence) but it's difficult to say so with any great evidence at this moment in time.

We have to remember that this situation really is quite unique for Scottish football so we're all stumbling in the dark to an extent.

price and guaranteed glory bigger than them all imo. :thup:

Disagree.

The price didn't matter to me and I certainly didn't renew because I thought we'd win the 3rd Division. If anything the prospect of lower quality football put me off.

I'd be interested to know the figure for renewals.

Disagree.

The price didn't matter to me and I certainly didn't renew because I thought we'd win the 3rd Division. If anything the prospect of lower quality football put me off.

I'd be interested to know the figure for renewals.

then we disagree, which is allowed. :D i am not sure about renewals but last count total sales were around 37000.

then we disagree, which is allowed. :D i am not sure about renewals but last count total sales were around 37000.

You can disagree with anyone on here - apart from admin of course... ;)

The reason I ask about renewals is that if a large portion of the 37,000 are renewals (and I suspect they are) then that suggests continuing loyalty as the main factor for sales as opposed to defiance, success or cheaper prices.

Cribari spent over 12 years in the Italian leagues including a decent return of appearances in Serie A and for Lazio. Is he the world's best defender? Not at all but he's got great experience and, like Weir, was arguably a sensible signing even if his early season form has been inconsistent.

I also know Black personally (he drinks in my old local and is friendly with close friends of mine) and, like you, I doubt many of us would have fancied him because of various rumours we all know about. However, on the field, he has shown himself to be a useful midfield player over the years so signing him wasn't a bad decision. The same goes for Sandaza and Shiels - both experienced players with undoubted talent.

I'm not saying none of these players have their faults but they are good signings for our level and will have attracted some fans. Time will tell whether our scouting policy (Neil Murray works hard I'm told) is the right one (like you I doubt it and wonder at the Stretford/Mather influence) but it's difficult to say so with any great evidence at this moment in time.

We have to remember that this situation really is quite unique for Scottish football so we're all stumbling in the dark to an extent.

is communication not key for defenders especially frankie? not matter your experience, if you cant communicate with team mates, you will struggle.

i think the black one was a bad one but i can kind of understand the other two even if i do disagree with one of them.

that is fair enough, i also understand that frankie.