Charles Green meeting yesterday

we have alexander, wallace, mcculloch, black, shiels and sandaza, there is 6 who have proved they can handle, challenge and indeed beat celtic. you dont get to the top thinking cups are bonus's, nor did we get where we are as a club by thinking cups were bonus's. we dont make up numbers, we never have and we shouldnt start now.

tell me allan, why are we spending so much on wages just to get out of the bottom two tiers of scottish football? surely we dont need to be spending £7m a year? that is the wage bill for a club who is built to challenge for the spl title, not the 2nd or 3rd division one. ally and green wanted to make a go for the cups, i am sure both admitted as much pre season too.

Actually we don't, but you seem to think we should be spending twice that just so we can beat the Tims if we get them in the cup. I'm more interested in getting back into whatever top Div we will have, you build a team to do that job and you have every chance of winning a cup as well.

Actually we don't, but you seem to think we should be spending twice that just so we can beat the Tims if we get them in the cup. I'm more interested in getting back into whatever top Div we will have, you build a team to do that job and you have every chance of winning a cup as well.

we dont what?

not at all. i think the wage bill could have been spent better, not once did i say we should be doubling it. getting back into the top division is a gimme. that is the easy bit.

We have the second highest wage bill in Scottish football we should at least expect value for money, having said that Arsenal have an estimated wage bill of £143 million, money can't but me love nor success.

http://tinyurl.com/c6canht

We have the second highest wage bill in Scottish football we should at least expect value for money, having said that Arsenal have an estimated wage bill of £143 million, money can't but me love nor success.

http://tinyurl.com/c6canht

probably the 4th highest in england which is where they finish at least every season so far.

I asked a question a few pages ago, what does anyone expect Green to do if they did strip us of titles, I expect plenty of tub thumping and rhetoric but little else, but I don't believe they would be stupid enough to risk antagonising the support any further, if not the owner.

Realistically what could he do? He could go to court but that would be a lengthy and expensive and by no means guaranteed success either. In my opinion the best thing Green can do for Rangers is to stop making enemies and start making friends, however much that might stick in the craw. There are enough clubs and individuals out there who have no real axe to grind with us, they see this for what it is, an opportunist witch hunt to benefit one club. We've the means to combat that if we improve our PR a bit.

Realistically what could he do? He could go to court but that would be a lengthy and expensive and by no means guaranteed success either. In my opinion the best thing Green can do for Rangers is to stop making enemies and start making friends, however much that might stick in the craw. There are enough clubs and individuals out there who have no real axe to grind with us, they see this for what it is, an opportunist witch hunt to benefit one club. We've the means to combat that if we improve our PR a bit.

McCoist and Green have publicly stated they will not accept the stripping of titles, how are they going to stop that happening if the spl say it is happening, rhetoric shouting and bawling, stirring up the masses or something more concrete and legal ? or do you think realisticly we should just bite the bullet, I don't.

The investigation will receive no co-operation from Rangers, however, with chief executive Green branding the probe a 'Mickey Mouse event' and warning he will fight any attempt to strip titles via the courts.

'I stand by what the club have said, 100 per cent,' McCoist said. 'You know it's not a decision that has been taken lightly.

'We took advice on it and I was fortunate enough to attend the meetings. We have taken a stand

Edited by frost

Indeed, sums them up. Green needs to fight it all the way, I just mean we have to accept all the way may still not be enough.

One thing I certainly want is for us to do what Juventus do, keep claiming the titles on our website etc and keep including them in totals.

...I won't be changing my name to 49andcounting for any c**t. :54:

McCoist and Green have publicly stated they will not accept the stripping of titles, how are they going to stop that happening if the spl say it is happening, rhetoric shouting and bawling, stirring up the masses or something more concrete and legal ? or do you think realisticly we should just bite the bullet, I don't.

The investigation will receive no co-operation from Rangers, however, with chief executive Green branding the probe a 'Mickey Mouse event' and warning he will fight any attempt to strip titles via the courts.

'I stand by what the club have said, 100 per cent,' McCoist said. 'You know it's not a decision that has been taken lightly.

'We took advice on it and I was fortunate enough to attend the meetings. We have taken a stand

No, I don't think we should 'just bite the bullet' if by that you mean give up. I think the club should engage with the process, I think he has a far greater chance of stopping it if he does that. I also think we should be doing all we can to influence every other club so that we aren't left isolated again.

Making grandiose statements about about fighting is all good and well but this is political and political battles are won in the backrooms and by forming alliances. Being isolated doesn't assist us just now. Just my opinion.