Charles Green meeting yesterday

is blackmail legal now? to suggest he couldnt have done it any different is naive. he could have got a better lawyer for a start.

Legal action could have taken weeks, not to mention how FIFA don't like court involvement in football.

I imagine Ally and the players just wanted to get out on the park and wouldn't have approved of delaying our season or something like that.

You keep using this phrase like there was some sort of evil satisfaction. The judge made that decision when we still were in administration with a football membership and therefore no leverage over us, although it's worth remembering he sent it back to the panel where more fierce punishments like suspension or expulsion were possible and well within their rules. Making sure we got time to sign players meant we were able to build a squad to manage the next 18 months, it was a pretty key point rather than it starting immediately.

You call it capitulation, I call it getting us a team on the park while having to accept a few sacrifices. I doubt Ally would have been happy if some high risk poker game saw us have to withdraw from the Brechin game.

expulsion was never going to happen. a scottish cup suspension was most likely.

is blackmail legal now? to suggest he couldnt have done it any different is naive. he could have got a better lawyer for a start.

So instead of accepting the membership Green should have went to the cops and told them we were being blackmailed ....Then where would that have left the club ? No membership no football, just a long wait for a trial to take place because the charges would need to be proved in a court of law, and that would take time. We would almost certainly be sitting now with no football to look forward to, just long court cases..

expulsion was never going to happen. a scottish cup suspension was most likely.

That was considered too lenient by the panel before, expulsion too harsh as well but they'd have been under a lot of pressure to move towards the too harsh option after we dragged it through a court and put Scottish Football at some possible risk with FIFA.

Legal action could have taken weeks, not to mention how FIFA don't like court involvement in football.

I imagine Ally and the players just wanted to get out on the park and wouldn't have approved of delaying our season or something like that.

we had nothing to lose with fifa. however long it took, it would have been worth it for justice.

something else i disagree with ally about. maybe a few weeks delay would have helped him given how little pre season we had together.

That was considered too lenient by the panel before, expulsion too harsh as well but they'd have been under a lot of pressure to move towards the too harsh option after we dragged it through a court and put Scottish Football at some possible risk with FIFA.

i disagree mate. expulsion was never on the cards.

anyone who said administration/liquidation coudl never happen was deluded, knowing how badly our club was run over the last decade. both were always strong possibilities.

not being in the spl was always going to be a danger due to financial irregularities and impending penalties. that is what happens.

anyone who thought it would be anything higher than the bottom tier is deluded.

So all the SPL clubs and their chairmen are deluded ? Regan & Doncaster ?Perhaps you should give them a call as it seems you should have one of their jobs.