Charles Green meeting yesterday

We didn't have any right to the membership in theory though.

They gave conditions we had to accept if we wanted it.

Strangely I was under the impression that our unbroken history gave us every right to membership, now you tell me we had no right in theory.

"in theory"

your second bit is straight forward blackmail, illegal in any country in the world. if it was that black and white, people would be in jail now.

I doubt it's as simple as that, there were negotiations for a while, that's how the registration embargo got delayed afterall, then a 'take it or leave it' offer was made about 24 hours before our first match of the season. We could have gone off and looked for a membership elsewhere technically, however unlikely it was to work.

I said in theory because while I and the rest of us think we had a right to it, after liquidation of the old company I don't think we did legally.

Strangely I was under the impression that our unbroken history gave us every right to membership, now you tell me we had no right in theory.

We had a right historically, morally etc, that's not what I mean.

The transfer of the memberships had to be approved by the rules already set, the SPL one went to a vote and obviously got rejected. The SFA didn't have to transfer their membership.

I doubt it's as simple as that, there were negotiations for a while, that's how the registration embargo got delayed afterall, then a 'take it or leave it' offer was made about 24 hours before our first match of the season. We could have gone off and looked for a membership elsewhere technically, however unlikely it was to work.

I said in theory because while I and the rest of us think we had a right to it, after liquidation of the old company I don't think we did legally.

The embargo was ruled ultra vires by a Judge it wasn't delayed, Green pissed in the Judge's eye and capitulated to the sfa/spl.

The embargo was ruled ultra vires by a Judge it wasn't delayed, Green pissed in the Judge's eye and capitulated to the sfa/spl.

You keep using this phrase like there was some sort of evil satisfaction. The judge made that decision when we still were in administration with a football membership and therefore no leverage over us, although it's worth remembering he sent it back to the panel where more fierce punishments like suspension or expulsion were possible and well within their rules. Making sure we got time to sign players meant we were able to build a squad to manage the next 18 months, it was a pretty key point rather than it starting immediately.

You call it capitulation, I call it getting us a team on the park while having to accept a few sacrifices. I doubt Ally would have been happy if some high risk poker game saw us have to withdraw from the Brechin game.

i say they called our bluff and green fell for it. panicked before our match. we could have been stronger, made a point of saying "no, this is wrong". can you imagine our first match being postponed, abandoned whatever due to the governing body blackmailing us? the news would have went global and the game blown wide open in scotland. instead we bent backwards, accepted it and were made to look weak.

Since when have the SFA or the SPL paid any attention to the rules? They could have just refused us entry if they wanted and to suggest that Green had much option other than to give into the blackmail demands is naive.

is blackmail legal now? to suggest he couldnt have done it any different is naive. he could have got a better lawyer for a start.

i say they called our bluff and green fell for it. panicked before our match. we could have been stronger, made a point of saying "no, this is wrong". can you imagine our first match being postponed, abandoned whatever due to the governing body blackmailing us? the news would have went global and the game blown wide open in scotland. instead we bent backwards, accepted it and were made to look weak.

After months of doubt I wouldn't have wanted our club's future to be played in some high risk poker match.

Clearly you feel different.