BuyRangers.org

Guest govansw1

I have a message at the top of the screen saying I have not posted for several weeks and to get involved. Ok.

While hoping the IPO is a success I will not be investing via the RST relaunch of the failed Gersave scheme.

At the moment I cannot get online to have a look at 'Buy Rangers'.

If no one can own more than 10% why call this Gersave relaunch 'Buy Rangers'.

It would be better for fans to save the money in their own bank and gain interest and then invest directly.

The RST want your money and your vote to get a voice on the board. Hardly Buying Rangers is it?

I have a message at the top of the screen saying I have not posted for several weeks and to get involved. Ok.

While hoping the IPO is a success I will not be investing via the RST relaunch of the failed Gersave scheme.

At the moment I cannot get online to have a look at 'Buy Rangers'.

If no one can own more than 10% why call this Gersave relaunch 'Buy Rangers'.

It would be better for fans to save the money in their own bank and gain interest and then invest directly.

The RST want your money and your vote to get a voice on the board. Hardly Buying Rangers is it?

my message says for god sake shut up.

can someone explain what this is please?

I would assume that much like membership in the RST gave you a share in the oldco, the RST organizes a buy-Rangers-shares scheme where minor investors (i.e. fans) not only sign up for Rangers shares, but do it via the RST and help them to a select some fan-representative on the Rangers board. So that the many minor investors actually get a say into football matters, rather than being the voice-less mass again. Could be entirely different though.

RST says this:

Buy Rangers has been launched by the Rangers Supporters Trust (legally known as The Rangers Supporters Society Ltd.) with the assistance of Supporters Direct Scotland and following productive talks with Rangers chief executive Charles Green.

The aim of Buy Rangers is straightforward: to purchase a share holding in Rangers Football Club and put a measure of control firmly in the hand of those to whom it means most-the supporters. This initiative will allow Rangers fans to invest collectively and at an affordable price in the upcoming Initial Public Offering should they so wish.

Buy Rangers is a community share initiative and fans will be purchasing a share in the Rangers Supporters Trust which functions as a Community Benefit Society authorised by the Financial Services Authority. Shares are available at a fixed price of £125 and individual fans can invest up to a maximum of £20,000. The Rangers Supporters Trust will then buy a block of shares on behalf of all investors.

The more money invested, the stronger our collective voice. This campaign hopes to reflect the sense of unity evident among the support in recent months. Investing in Buy Rangers is an opportunity for fans to unite in pursuit of a common objective and at a price more affordable than the £500 minimum required to purchase shares individually through the club.

I would assume that much like membership in the RST gave you a share in the oldco, the RST organizes a buy-Rangers-shares scheme where minor investors (i.e. fans) not only sign up for Rangers shares, but do it via the RST and help them to a select some fan-representative on the Rangers board. So that the many minor investors actually get a say into football matters, rather than being the voice-less mass again. Could be entirely different though.

thanks berliner.

Guest splunger

Doesn't matter how much money is invested every vote is worth the same £125 seems like another gersave fiasco in the offing. Is Mr Harris involved we could do with his professionalism.