BuyRangers.org

Why not now?

We are at the bottom, sensible wage bill, good crowds but we still need to be self sufficient, believe that is why the development of the commercial ventures to help support the club, so why not get more money in the coffers/war chest what ever you want to call it, instead wait for a couple of years and left with coppers in the box so to speak.

I am hopeful that this is a plan for the success of the club in the future, sound financial footing, so we are never faced with this situation again, all will take time and planning and money.

Paranoia about Green and co running off with all the money seems to be the main reasons for not now.

Not that I see how that paranoia can ever be reassured one, two, five, ten, twenty years down the line.

Hopeful this is a plan for success? Paranoia? What about common sense? Frankie said the forthcoming prospectus will help us. How can we be sure? What about the absolute urgency Green has to get our cash right now coupled with the murky tie ins with D&P and Whyte? Along with their all party agreed £5.5m 'non cva deal' early doors. Will the prospectus shed some light on who owns our £5.5m club, currently, what assets it has and what part of it they are selling for £500 a pop.

What would no doubt help and make things a lot easier would be a period of relative stability, some on and off field progress, continued healthy ST sales and, most importantly, a year or 2 of solid accounts. No?

Mr Green appears to want this done and cash in before any of that, before Christmas in fact. I wonder why. Yet we must make his attempt successful. Perhaps he, along with others, is banking on our emotions rather than our prudence and common sense.

Guest DietofWorms
A large section do, those that don't , don't invest. Simples.

Good sales pitch....look, I'm interested in this but the RST have hardly conducted themselves impeccably over the last few years. Beguiled by Murray, duped by Whyte and initally anti-Green.

What's changed?

Guest Sea Bear
Hopeful this is a plan for success? Paranoia? What about common sense? Frankie said the forthcoming prospectus will help us. How can we be sure? What about the absolute urgency Green has to get our cash right now coupled with the murky tie ins with D&P and Whyte? Along with their all party agreed £5.5m 'non cva deal' early doors. Will the prospectus shed some light on who owns our £5.5m club, currently, what assets it has and what part of it they are selling for £500 a pop.

What would no doubt help and make things a lot easier would be a period of relative stability, some on and off field progress, continued healthy ST sales and, most importantly, a year or 2 of solid accounts. No?

Mr Green appears to want this done and cash in before any of that, before Christmas in fact. I wonder why. Yet we must make his attempt successful. Perhaps he, along with others, is banking on our emotions rather than our prudence and common sense.

All I can say is the CG has already stated he will make good any shortfall in the issue, seems a strange statement to make for somebody to run off into the hills....also at present he doesn't have a stake in the club.

Lets see now, have bought back Edmiston House, buying the car park back off the bank, was skeptical of him when he arrived, but to be honest has done no wrong in my eyes, yes his rhetoric is over the top and plays to the gallery at times, but have seen and heard statements and interviews that were incisive and to the point, no questions ducted or avoided.

You are not investing in the club as such but in the company that runs the club, it is a symbiotic relationship in as much you cannot have one without the other. The better the company does the more successful for the club, each needs the other, the club name, fans, play on the pitch for the company to attract sponsorship and investment.

There are no murky tie ins from the current owners apart from in people's heads, even all these secret recordings that have come out recently suggest nothing other than Green buying the club in good faith. Shall we not just wait and see? You seem to be finding fault with the prospectus before it's even come out yet.

It's been said clearly there's no urgency or need for the share issue money as far as the club's viability is concerned and that people will have the chance to invest later on so you're the one making these interpretations yourself. It would no doubt help progression and having money in the bank believe it or not is not an unknown concept.

As i've said numerous times each individual will make their own mind up whether it's investing themselves, through the RST scheme etc or not at all so I don't really understand your point. Are you saying you want the IPO to fail?

There are no murky tie ins from the current owners apart from in people's heads, even all these secret recordings that have come out recently suggest nothing other than Green buying the club in good faith. Shall we not just wait and see? You seem to be finding fault with the prospectus before it's even come out yet.

It's been said clearly there's no urgency or need for the share issue money as far as the club's viability is concerned and that people will have the chance to invest later on so you're the one making these interpretations yourself. It would no doubt help progression and having money in the bank believe it or not is not an unknown concept.

As i've said numerous times each individual will make their own mind up whether it's investing themselves, through the RST scheme etc or not at all so I don't really understand your point. Are you saying you want the IPO to fail?

There are murky tie ins, whether you like it or not. Green has admitted this whilst being very vague about detail. Strange. Who introduced who, when and who scratched whose arse first. Wait and see you say? That is exactly what I am saying we should do. There is nothing like a set of accounts to put investors minds at ease.

If there is clearly no urgency or need for a share issue like you say, what interpretation do you expect people to make? You agree this venture into the unknown, without any accounts and goodwill to back it up, is not needed. Yet we should do it, why?

To put money in the bank to help progression you say? We do not need more money in the bank for that. We have a £7m wage bill and income from 37,000 season tickets and a stack of matchday sales on top. The progress we need off the park is not financial.

Seems you agree there is neither sound nor desperate need to invest in the IPO. Why would I want it to fail? Anyway, it matters not if it is taken up or not. If, as you say, clearly there's no urgency or need for the share issue money as far as the club's viability is concerned.

So maybe we could apply common sense and wait until we have some structure and accounts presented and we know what we are investing in. If it does in fact need investment, of course. And I am sure the BDO report will dispel any fears about murky dealings up until the £5.5m non cva deal. Although that may take years.

Green should just be thankful that for some reason D&P did a pre liquidation asset sale to him at a knock down price under the guise of a doomed cva - rather than racing to get the fans cash asap.