BuyRangers.org

I have some comments and questions but it's late so I'll start with two:

Why use an English firm of solicitors whose furthest north office is in the fair city of Manchester and who have been widely and roundly criticised throughout the Trust movement in Scotland (including members of the current Council and particularly by the current Chair of Supporters Direct Scotland) for their inability to provide Scottish legal advice.

Why were Cobbetts not at the meeting today?

Of course, I know the answers to both these questions but I'll let you all have some guesses first.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
typo

Why use an English firm of solicitors whose furthest north office is in the fair city of Manchester and who have been widely and roundly criticised throughout the Trust movement in Scotland (including members of the current Council and particularly by the current Chair of Supporters Direct Scotland) for their inability to provide Scottish legal advice.

Of course, I know the answers to both these questions but I'll let you all have some guesses first.

Why are you asking questions if you know the answers?

Why are you asking questions if you know the answers?

It's more fun and hopefully thought provoking than just posting the answers straight off; plus it winds you up and I just wanted to test if your automated system that tracks everything I post on here was still working.

Pleased to see that it is.

There are murky tie ins, whether you like it or not. Green has admitted this whilst being very vague about detail. Strange. Who introduced who, when and who scratched whose arse first. Wait and see you say? That is exactly what I am saying we should do. There is nothing like a set of accounts to put investors minds at ease.

If there is clearly no urgency or need for a share issue like you say, what interpretation do you expect people to make? You agree this venture into the unknown, without any accounts and goodwill to back it up, is not needed. Yet we should do it, why?

To put money in the bank to help progression you say? We do not need more money in the bank for that. We have a £7m wage bill and income from 37,000 season tickets and a stack of matchday sales on top. The progress we need off the park is not financial.

Seems you agree there is neither sound nor desperate need to invest in the IPO. Why would I want it to fail? Anyway, it matters not if it is taken up or not. If, as you say, clearly there's no urgency or need for the share issue money as far as the club's viability is concerned.

So maybe we could apply common sense and wait until we have some structure and accounts presented and we know what we are investing in. If it does in fact need investment, of course. And I am sure the BDO report will dispel any fears about murky dealings up until the £5.5m non cva deal. Although that may take years.

Green should just be thankful that for some reason D&P did a pre liquidation asset sale to him at a knock down price under the guise of a doomed cva - rather than racing to get the fans cash asap.

There are murky tie ins in people's heads like I said, there's yet to be one piece of solid proper evidence of such things and I tend to wait for that before I start accusing people of crookery. Communication with Whyte is a total non-story since that was needed for his shares. I'm not convinced at all a set of accounts would put conspiracy buffs mind's at rest, then it would just be a long con or something along of the lines 'well we should be making a profit!'

It's not really an unknown, it's a share issue, tonnes of football clubs have had them and a successful one was a key part of Celtic's survival in the 90s. I said wait and see in terms of the prospectus, you're pretty much writing it off before anyone has seen the damned thing.

Just because something isn't needed to stay afloat doesn't mean it wouldn't be very good and very useful to have it does it? Someone can be perfectly financially secure and have plenty of luxuries but if they won 20 odd million in the lottery they're hardly going to say no thanks are they? Besides you're over simplifying matters to the extreme by saying our wage bill is this, our season tickets are that so why do we need anything else. There's plenty of issues like running costs, a high number of other staff to consider as well as the plans for the likes of Edmiston House. And once we're in Division 1 on the verge of a top flight return (not that far away unless Ally somehow fails to win the promotions) they'll be plenty of pressure to invest in the playing squad so we can be challenging for the title and Europe again.

You sound a bit like you want it to fail, by your response to Frankie's statement. It's important for it to succeed simply because why would be want it to flop? It's 20 million into the club and a step towards the much desired fan voice and perhaps ownership. Important doesn't have to mean that it's a cast iron requirement or a necessity, but it's obvious to anyone that money is needed if we want to experience nights again like the one at Savile row on Wednesday. Money in the bank will be very much useful for that.

This whole 'we' thing is my main issue with how you've been going on. It's very much an individual thing, unlike season tickets you aren't buying to go and see football matches, it's an investment that you may or may not see something back for but first and foremost it is emotional. There's a whole bunch of things like personal circumstances to be considered, whether somebody believes it's worth it or indeed if trust issues are holding them back too much like they clearly are for you.

But there's really no need to try and force your views upon everyone else, people don't need to be mollycoddled into their decisions. You've clearly made your mind up already, that's fair enough, but I personally would like to see the club gain 20 million so I hope enough people decide differently (i'm not even sure of my own situation yet). All I would preach is that people look at the prospectus and draw their own conclusions through careful thought instead of getting caught up in conspiracy theories and jumping straight to the negative.

Green is just trying to move the club forward, we may be a third division club this second but you don't think he'll be under pressure to get us challenging Celtic for the title as soon as we're back in the top flight? He's giving fans an opportunity to buy in as he said he would from the start, he's not tried to portray it that the club is under any threat if the share issue isn't successful and as I seem to keep repeating nobody is being forced into anything. Again there's no evidence that Green did anything other than complete a purchase in good faith, no idea if he's grateful but I for one am grateful the club was saved and will remain so until someone gives proper reason to think otherwise.

Rangers are in the dreaded 3rd Division, next year we could be in the 2nd Division meantime the spl have lost notable clubs in the form of Hearts and others?

Scottish football hits the skids and Rangers are going there head on from the other side to meet it. Too late...the game as we know it is finished.

Celtic continue on in their 'Bate' like crusade and everyone with them in mind follow on....We are all shagged, how shagged we are.

Are laws governing Industrial & Provident Societies not UK wide so not specific to Scotland? Also why would lawyers need to be present at a press launch? I know I wouldn't want to foot the bill for a partner in a law firm to come to Glasgow from, at closest Manchester, for what is really a photo opportunity.

Maybe now someone has attempted an answer you could enlighten us with your own answer? :)

not sure about that when you know who is involved with that organisation.

I can confirm I've received my GerSave money back. Sure others could too. Rumours like that with no basis which can be proven to be a lie do nobody any good. I'd like to see proof of any such allegations.

Buy Rangers Blog from Paul Goodwin

17:00, 08 Nov 2012

Yesterday saw the launch of the Heart of the Game a Supporters Direct paper which, covers a range of issues relating to good governance, financial sustainability and supporter involvement. Recommendations to public authorities and football governing bodies include: a revival of the membersâ?? association model of club ownership, expansion of existing national networks of organised supportersâ?? groups, and the implementation of club licensing and financial fair play rules in all European leagues. Footballâ??s key stakeholders will be present, including UEFA, national associations and leagues, and Members of the European Parliament, Council and Commission.

It seems ironic that as this paper was published we at Supporters Direct Scotland were gathered at Ibrox Park where the Rangers Supporters Society launched their BuyRangers campaign to start the process of buying a significant stake in the club that they love. Football in Scotland is changing and with 4 clubs already owned and run by fans it is a change that is long overdue. Whether you support Rangers or Irvine Meadow all football fans want to ensure that their club is there for them every Saturday and that it will still be around for future generations. There is nothing more important to us fans. Owners of clubs and the football administrators need to understand: there is a change coming and it is being led by us supporters who truly are the heart of the game.

http://www.scottishfans.org/News/buyrangersblog.aspx