BuyRangers.org

I was never even a huge Whyte fan, but I felt the tax case uncertainty made sense when it came to the accounts etc. Nobody with expertise seemed to really challenge it either.

Plenty challenged it but were ignored, again no expertise was required.

Nobody with expertise seemed to really challenge it either.

IIRC the accountants on the forum here (not sure about elsewhere) were definitely concerned about the failure to produce accounts. They maybe played it down a bit to avoid causing panic, but I'm certain they were very concerned.

Edited by Zappa
typo

too many rangers fans didnt want to believe the scaremongering coming from the media and certain celtic minded bloggers who funnily enough knew the guy was bad news and seemed to know what exactly was going to happen to our club yet no one from our end seemed to know anything.

Not being able to produce them without a FTTT result was a believable and valid enough reason at the time, obviously suited Whyte ideally but I didn't see much scope to argue with that reasoning especially when there was a result expected in February at that time.

As before I fail to see how, for those that think it's all a scam they could easily conclude it's just a long con and decent accounts are to throw people off the scent before they run off with everything.

I agree with Green on the timing because some will never be convinced IMO, and it will just get more expensive to invest.

yes but accounts will show debt and investement etc. they also mean external accountants have been in and checked and are happy with the books.

If the prospectus isn't clear and unambiguous, what the funds are for, with the wariness surrounding the support there won't be the uptake.

Spot on. There's quite a few questions which need to be properly answered in the prospectus. Unrealistic financial projections and wishy washy moonbeams about potential revenue streams won't be acceptable if they want the fans to invest heavily.

IIRC the accountants on the forum here (not sure about elsewhere) were definitely concerned about the failure to produce accounts. They maybe played it down a bit to avoid causing panic, but I'm certain they were very concerned.

Yeah, but I can't remember anyone going to the media and greatly pushing the issue. I'm sure there must be high profile accountants that are Rangers fans out there, if the explanation about the tax case really was totally illogical then I think such people could have done more.

Yeah, but I can't remember anyone going to the media and greatly pushing the issue. I'm sure there must be high profile accountants that are Rangers fans out there, if the explanation about the tax case really was totally illogical then I think such people could have done more.

There was/is no "if" about it.

Keep digging.