BuyRangers.org

Guest lisburnranger
You have managed to contradict yourself totally, well done. Mind you, you did suggest you can read but not write. Just to clarify, I am a supporter of Rangers FC, and I hope the IPO is a raging success. I do not hope it fails. Maybe you can tell me what would constitute failure of the IPO ?

My bad for thinking we do not need it just now, that the haste of it is extremely questionable at best and there are no sound reasons for backing Mr Green at the moment. The prospectus will need to be stunning. Charles Green wants our cash by Christmas, whatever happens. I am sorry that that worries me.

Maybe I should be comforted by the fact that the RST, who a few weeks ago demanded we do not buy tickets and give Green no money, are his staunchest allies. Or maybe Leggo, who has now decided Green is no snake oil salesman after all.

When did the RST say that? The advice to members was that payment was delayed until CG could prove that he had proper corporate banking facilities in place to ensure any season ticket monies didn't go into the oldco bank account and be at risk from D&P. I can't see why anyone would disagree with that advice. Many were dubious of CG and the RST asked for re-assurance before they would advise members to buy tickets

you do know mark is no longer on the rst board don't you?

that can only be a positive. thanks gs. sky still had him down as rst spokesman when they last interviewed him. does he have any say in what happens with the rst these days? i do hope he has now stretched himself to buying a season book and has stopped taking freebies.

You have managed to contradict yourself totally, well done. Mind you, you did suggest you can read but not write. Just to clarify, I am a supporter of Rangers FC, and I hope the IPO is a raging success. I do not hope it fails. Maybe you can tell me what would constitute failure of the IPO ?

My bad for thinking we do not need it just now, that the haste of it is extremely questionable at best and there are no sound reasons for backing Mr Green at the moment. The prospectus will need to be stunning. Charles Green wants our cash by Christmas, whatever happens. I am sorry that that worries me.

Maybe I should be comforted by the fact that the RST, who a few weeks ago demanded we do not buy tickets and give Green no money, are his staunchest allies. Or maybe Leggo, who has now decided Green is no snake oil salesman after all.

Thing is though hopefully we never will 'need' it as such, hopefully our finances are very sustainable that we don't have to rely on windfalls like European money, share issues etc. That got us into such a mess in the first place. Sound reasons for backing him can be turned around to any sound reasons for not, and I tend to go by innocent until proven guilty of something rather than the other way around. They did say from the start they'd begin this process by the end of the year, supporters in these meetings have pushed the idea of fan voice and ownership, it's been said people can invest later if they wish and i'm not even sure if it'll actually kick off until after christmas. I could understand if Green was saying something like 'for the club to keep on surviving we need this cash' but he's not.

Clearly you aren't comforted by any of that and have pretty much written off the prospectus already so simply don't invest, that's your choice totally and nobody can condemn it but I don't really know what to say other than that. You've made your mind up, everyone else will do the same.

Edited by simplythebest

the first set of accounts really will reveal much mate(either way). we are probably a year at least away from those unfortunately.

You say that now, there'll be something else found or it'll be spun around.

Saving the club, keeping everyone in a job etc hasn't been good enough after all.

Guest Bears R Us

Having read my post a few times again I do not see where I contradict myself, but if you think I did then that is fine by me.

I was a member of the RST for a few years but decided not to renew BECAUSE of the way they behaved when Charles Green and his consortium took over. Having said that if people are happy to use their new method of buying shares then I hope that is a success and would never be arrogant enough to tell other Rangers fans what to do.

My wife and I plan to buy some between us, because that is how we want to do it, but any method ('Bluepeter 9' has a good workable idea for people who cannot manage to pay £500.00 as well) is good as far as I am concerned.

If it annoyed you to suggest that you were not a Rangers fan then I apologise. It is so difficult to know on forums who may be from the dark side.

Looking forward to being at Ibrox tomorrow for what should be a great day remembering our fallen and supporting our troops of today, and hopefully a good win on the park. :rfc:

Edited by Bears R Us