BuyRangers.org

It's more fun and hopefully thought provoking than just posting the answers straight off; plus it winds you up and I just wanted to test if your automated system that tracks everything I post on here was still working.

Pleased to see that it is.

Your definition of fun and mine must be very different. I'll ignore your other comments as that is what they deserve. Regarding your questions, I've fired them over to Supporters Direct Scotland but I suspect we have already had the answers later in the thread.

You say that now, there'll be something else found or it'll be spun around.

Saving the club, keeping everyone in a job etc hasn't been good enough after all.

they won't answer everything certainly but they will provide a great degree of comfort in many issues.

qhyte never produced accounts for a reason and we should have been much more alert when they failed to materialize.

I will be waiting to see the prospectus before committing but at the moment it looks like my son,daughter and myself will collectively be putting in a thousand pounds.I will contribute to this but as the minimum investment is 500 it means that I wont be a shareholder but it will allow my children to be shareholders. Thats the plan, but as I said, we will need more information

they won't answer everything certainly but they will provide a great degree of comfort in many issues.

qhyte never produced accounts for a reason and we should have been much more alert when they failed to materialize.

Not being able to produce them without a FTTT result was a believable and valid enough reason at the time, obviously suited Whyte ideally but I didn't see much scope to argue with that reasoning especially when there was a result expected in February at that time.

As before I fail to see how, for those that think it's all a scam they could easily conclude it's just a long con and decent accounts are to throw people off the scent before they run off with everything.

I agree with Green on the timing because some will never be convinced IMO, and it will just get more expensive to invest.

Edited by simplythebest

I simply asked what the sensible reasons are for having this share issue now.

edit: from a supporter's viewpoint, not CG.

I'd certainly agree that the timing is worthy of debate.

I guess if Zeus feel they can raise the money quickly (and I believe they think they have strong institutional investors ready) then why delay?

I'm sort of with Dragonfly on this because for me, the idea of Green, Zeus & co wanting £20m investment now sets off alarm bells. That's the sort of investment we should be looking for when we rejoin Scotland's top league and as things stand just now that's only 3 months short of being 3 years away. If they get their £20m now, how much is going to be left to invest in our squad strength in the summer of 2015? Any at all?

I'm sort of with Dragonfly on this because for me, the idea of Green, Zeus & co wanting £20m investment now sets off alarm bells. That's the sort of investment we should be looking for when we rejoin Scotland's top league and as things stand just now that's only 3 months short of being 3 years away. If they get their £20m now, how much is going to be left to invest in our squad strength in the summer of 2015? Any at all?

Money in the bank? Future revenue from the Edmiston House plans, new sponsorships etc? Green has said clearly the money isn't being used to fund the club's survival so why wouldn't there be any left? Unless of course you assume he's telling a bare faced lie.

The share value will shoot up by the time we're back in the top flight, making it less affordable for fans.

Not being able to produce them without a FTTT result was a believable and valid enough reason at the time, obviously suited Whyte ideally but I didn't see much scope to argue with that reasoning especially when there was a result expected in February at that time.

As before I fail to see how, for those that think it's all a scam they could easily conclude it's just a long con and decent accounts are to throw people off the scent before they run off with everything.

I agree with Green on the timing because some will never be convinced IMO, and it will just get more expensive to invest.

Only for the terminally ignorant.

Only for the terminally ignorant.

Not everyone can claim to be the Whyte era expert you always have been FS.

We were looking at possibly getting a 75 million bill any day, now there's no doubt Whyte used that to his advantage but it wasn't an unthinkable reason for the AGM 'delay'.

Green has said clearly the money isn't being used to fund the club's survival so why wouldn't there be any left? Unless of course you assume he's telling a bare faced lie.

It would be foolish to just assume Green is lying even if he seems to talk a lot of nonsense at times, but some people will regard it as equally foolish to just assume he isn't. It's a bit of a catch 22 and like much Dragonfly, personally, I'm concerned about the new owners' timing and haste/rush for a share issue. The party line from Green on the timing of the issue is simply that they promised from square one that the fans would be able to invest and that they are keeping that promise, but that's not a good answer in my book because it doesn't address the fundamental question about the timing, it evades the question.