walter returns to rangers

That is horrendous excuse, by that logic teams would hardly ever do well playing in Europe because of the journeys, we'd hardly ever have won at Aberdeen in our history etc. Scraping the bottom of the barrel there cal.

How is saying that fans must be more disappointed if they see a bad game when they have to travel far a horrendous excuse? Are you saying they should stop moaning? I don't see how it affects the results.

Sport is meant to be about entertainment, the level of entertainment is of course dependent on resources etc but any team can do their best to entertain the fans. Although I think the opposition we're facing should allow the shackles to be taken off somewhat..

Sport has never been about entertainment. It's about competing. Some people find watching the competition interesting, exciting and sometimes entertaining. If you think that you should switch to the Harlem globe trotters or figure skating.

Who are YOU entertaining when you play sport?

Edited by calscot

I think we've been generally good in the league at Ibrox and that is reflected by the high crowds at every game - I think the more open minded and less critical fans are enjoying themselves at least at home games.

Away games have probably been a lot more trying - especially when you add in the effort to actually get to some of these remote places.

The above excuse is the early leader in the race for..."Most Ridiculous Excuse For Ally 2012" award....

:clap::clap::clap::facepalm:

:crazy:

The above excuse is the early leader in the race for..."Most Ridiculous Excuse For Ally 2012" award....

:clap::clap::clap::facepalm:

How are the fans efforts in getting to a game an excuse for Ally? That's the most ridiculous Ally bashing ever, you just can't help going on about excuses even when none are being made! :crazy:

The point was that it's trying for the fans to watch the poor away performances, even more so after travelling a long way.

How are the fans efforts in getting to a game an excuse for Ally? That's the most ridiculous Ally bashing ever, you just can't help going on about excuses even when none are being made! :crazy:

The point was that it's trying for the fans to watch the poor away performances, even more so after travelling a long way.

...okay I'll let you off. :D

How is saying that fans must be more disappointed if they see a bad game when they have to travel far a horrendous excuse? Are you saying they should stop moaning? I don't see how it affects the results.

Fair enough, but if you read that part of the post over again you didn't make yourself too clear. It could easily have been referencing the players having the long journeys so making the games more trying.

For some of us Glasgow is pretty remote!

Fair enough, but if you read that part of the post over again you didn't make yourself too clear. It could easily have been referencing the players having the long journeys so making the games more trying.

I read it again and see where the mistake was made - I could have been clearer. But the misinterpretation was jumped on pretty quickly and heaviily... ;)

But I think it shows that if you think a point is preposterous, perhaps it's best to read it again and see if you've got it right. You can always ask for clarification.