walter returns to rangers

There can't half be some sugar coating after a few good results.

We're top now and won three league games in a row with a great display vs alloa in the middle so I've toned down my criticism somewhat, but it's still a joke to suggest we can't expect more than the dross served up in our first four away matches.

Worth noting we still only have one away league win, the next two are away so I really want to see us at least winning them both to prove a corner has been turned. The performances are another issue but results really are the bare minimum for where we are.

Where is the sugar coating? The point is that overall results are about adequate but not spectacular, but there seems to be some recent improvement all round. Some see the mitigation of the crisis we've been in, the lack of a preseason, the lack of time to research and sign the most appropriate players, the lack of attraction of third division football, the lack of money given, the number of inexperienced youths we need to play, the actual standard of our signings, our injury crisis, and the actual adaptation to lower division football.

When you put that together, you guess that the manager will need some time to get the team firing on all cylinders especially with the huge pressure for a good win in every game always being a monkey on the back.

There's a long way to go but my "sugar coating" wasn't that as such, it was the fact that I took time to watch the whole game with a half decent stream and enjoyed what I saw. I didn't see the dross performances that the likes of you are moaning about - and I'm told this was a pretty average game and nothing special.

A few other games I've seen have also been entertaining enough although I've seen a few shockers - like ICT.

I think we've been generally good in the league at Ibrox and that is reflected by the high crowds at every game - I think the more open minded and less critical fans are enjoying themselves at least at home games.

Away games have probably been a lot more trying - especially when you add in the effort to actually get to some of these remote places.

You might be a season ticket holder who is very unimpressed but I'm pretty envious and think I'd really enjoy going to all the games if they are of the level of the last game or better.

But then I don't go to a reasonably good restaurant and leave disappointed they didn't serve me the standard of a Michelin star meal. I may aspire to eat top class food but I know I can't really afford it and so adjust my expectations accordingly.

I'd much prefer some non-execs on the board who are actually, well, businessmen. Even better would be a few without any ties what-so-ever to Rangers.

Half the trouble with the last lot were that they were too afraid, unwilling or to close to Rangers to speak out when they knew the shit was hitting the fan.

Oh, and five minutes on Google reveals that this guy Hart is as solid as strawberry trifle.

I'd much prefer some non-execs on the board who are actually, well, businessmen. Even better would be a few without any ties what-so-ever to Rangers.

Half the trouble with the last lot were that they were too afraid, unwilling or to close to Rangers to speak out when they knew the shit was hitting the fan.

Oh, and five minutes on Google reveals that this guy Hart is as solid as strawberry trifle.

where the results from celtic blogs and forums? what have you found on him?

But that's what the Sevco consortium pretty much is, Malcolm Murray aside.

where the results from celtic blogs and forums? what have you found on him?

I started by typing "Ian Hart Charles Green" into Google and the first two results were:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/smith-returns-to-ibrox-as-board-member.19395827

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18449917

One of the other top results is actually from this forum.

On the subject of Celtic blogs and forums, they do have their own agenda, but it doesn't mean they are always wrong. Do what I do, my own research.

But that's what the Sevco consortium pretty much is, Malcolm Murray aside.

What I meant was non-execs without ties to anyone at Rangers at all. Not Sevco, not Charles Green personally and not with prior connections to the club.

I would have preferred qualified independent businessmen, ie the exact opposite of the prior lot.

Where is the sugar coating? The point is that overall results are about adequate but not spectacular, but there seems to be some recent improvement all round. Some see the mitigation of the crisis we've been in, the lack of a preseason, the lack of time to research and sign the most appropriate players, the lack of attraction of third division football, the lack of money given, the number of inexperienced youths we need to play, the actual standard of our signings, our injury crisis, and the actual adaptation to lower division football.

The overall results are poor still, one away victory by the start of November is awful. We're top because the standard of this division is so poor nobody else can get a run going, even Peterhead the strong favourites for the league before we entered have faltered badly. As I alluded to in a post above excuses if they're even valid at all have to run out eventually. Lack of pre-season should be a long gone problem, we got thrown in against part time teams who have very limited build ups themselves, hardly top quality opposition so the games till the end of August should certainly have been enough to cover any lack of pre-season.

Looking for the appropriate players is a nonsense excuse, Ally chose to have top division players, and if he wanted to buy lower league players there was plenty of time for research. The possibility of lower division football was there as soon as the CVA was rejected, i'm sure we could have had scouts looking into the best SFL players while all the other stuff was going on. Of course there's a lack of attraction to third division football which is why it was a shock we got SPL standard and European experience players, what more could have been expected?

Every other manager in this league and probably the SFL for that matter would laugh at the suggestion not enough money was given, 7 million wage bill to get out of two part time divisions? The youth system was always going to have to be used but it's never been over board by any means, the line ups always still have the majority as experienced players and some of the youths are actually over 20s that already have some first team experience. If Celtic can produce the likes of Tony Watt i'd hope we can produce similar quality youngsters, the demotion hasn't changed our infrastructure aimed towards bringing up guys capable of helping us win the SPL so really this stage should be ideal for our youngsters to be kicking on.

Easy to slag the standard of our signings going by what we're used to but you're the one that keeps trumpeting how much the circumstances have changed. While most of the additions may not have been first choice transfers in the past all their track records suggest that they should be able to do well for where we are. The injury situation has only turned into much of a crisis over the last week and the way the Peterhead game went suggests we should be able to handle having a few out. Interestingly despite all these injuries Ally still hasn't given one of his signings, Stella, any game time at all.

Any culture shock and adaption should have taken no longer than a couple of games to get over, it's a much lower standard than the club or the players are used to so they should have the quality to get over any differences considering it's a drop rather than an improvement. After all if lower league adaption was such a huge problem then you'd have many many more cup shocks when a top division team meets one in the lower leagues.

When you put that together, you guess that the manager will need some time to get the team firing on all cylinders especially with the huge pressure for a good win in every game always being a monkey on the back.

How much time? I think at the very least we should be able to get the wins bar the odd game, even due to superior fitness levels if anything.

There's a long way to go but my "sugar coating" wasn't that as such, it was the fact that I took time to watch the whole game with a half decent stream and enjoyed what I saw. I didn't see the dross performances that the likes of you are moaning about - and I'm told this was a pretty average game and nothing special..

A few other games I've seen have also been entertaining enough although I've seen a few shockers - like ICT.

Peterhead obviously wasn't one of the worst games, not one of the best either IMO, Alloa was how we can really play. We can't score 7 every week of course but no reason the peformance level can't be consistent. There has been much dross this season however, the away game failures in particular, we were lucky not to lose the three we drew.

I think we've been generally good in the league at Ibrox and that is reflected by the high crowds at every game - I think the more open minded and less critical fans are enjoying themselves at least at home games.

Away games have probably been a lot more trying - especially when you add in the effort to actually get to some of these remote places.

We've been good results wise in the league at home, performances have been pretty laboured but the quality has at least told in the end. I think the good crowds have been about loyalty more though, as you get plenty of murmurs of discontent about the displays.

That is horrendous excuse, by that logic teams would hardly ever do well playing in Europe because of the journeys, we'd hardly ever have won at Aberdeen in our history etc. Scraping the bottom of the barrel there cal.

You might be a season ticket holder who is very unimpressed but I'm pretty envious and think I'd really enjoy going to all the games if they are of the level of the last game or better.

But then I don't go to a reasonably good restaurant and leave disappointed they didn't serve me the standard of a Michelin star meal. I may aspire to eat top class food but I know I can't really afford it and so adjust my expectations accordingly.

I am unimpressed but I still wouldn't be anywhere else because I love my club.

That comparison is awful to say the least, again you're falling into the assumption that people are demanding Barcelona replica football.

Sport is meant to be about entertainment, the level of entertainment is of course dependent on resources etc but any team can do their best to entertain the fans. Although I think the opposition we're facing should allow the shackles to be taken off somewhat..