walter returns to rangers

I'm glad he has joined the Board.

Do not understand why it has been announced at this time.

It should be a massive addition, why announced on a a Sunday night ?

Didn't CG say that the prospectus would be made public this week?

Getting Walter back on board and putting the prospectus out within days of this will be a massive PR coup for CG.

All the same, a big press conference was hardly needed.

See my post above.

The more positive the press coverage, the more investors he is sure to get from within the Rangers fold.

See my post above.

The more positive the press coverage, the more investors he is sure to get from within the Rangers fold.

Does everything Green does have to come back to the share issue?

He's talked about having Walter on the board ever since that bid he fronted came about.

Does everything Green does have to come back to the share issue?

He's talked about having Walter on the board ever since that bid he fronted came about.

Quite frankly, I think it does.

I don't think he has made any secret of the fact that right now it's his #1 priority. He's a businessman, and businessmen make money, there's no shame in that, but I remain to be convinced that this flotation is a necessity at this time.

If everything in the Rangers garden is so rosey, why does he need my money right now?

Quite frankly, I think it does.

I don't think he has made any secret of the fact that right now it's his #1 priority. He's a businessman, and businessmen make money, there's no shame in that, but I remain to be convinced that this flotation is a necessity at this time.

If everything in the Rangers garden is so rosey, why does he need my money right now?

Nobody has said the money is needed, just desired to help the club's progression.

There's been a few debates on this and I don't have the energy for another long one, so I can only say the key point which is make your own mind up about investment, every individual will.

Nobody has said the money is needed, just desired to help the club's progression.

There's been a few debates on this and I don't have the energy for another long one, so I can only say the key point which is make your own mind up about investment, every individual will.

Ditto and to be ultra positive, he did promise this share issue.

This i agree with 100%.

thats not my problem anchorman, i am getting plenty. going back to the jobs for the boys is my problem. btw your post above about security and solidity is spot on. when put like that, i must agree. great appointment. my worry is if he is football consultant to the board, he is best pals with ally, just how constructive will his criticism be if any of his best pal when the going gets tough on the park and allys obvious failings and repetitive mistakes are made? will walter be advising the board to relax, be patient, ally is the right man for the job as we stumble from one shambles to the next. that scares me because even david blunkett knows ally will never be a football manager. maybe his position is compromised a bit. conflict of interests even.

I know what you mean. However I honestly believe he is a far bigger Rangers fan than Ally fan, and if it came to it he would put Rangers first. He knows what it means if our rise back to the top is halted and he won't let friendship with McCoist affect that.