walter returns to rangers

Guest DavieBlue

I think he answers your question if you read the article?

“I must make it clear, however, that I will not be playing any role in the day-to-day running of the Club or the team. It’s the manager’s job to run the team and the chief executive’s job to run the Club’s affairs. The role I will fulfil is to bring my experience of Rangers and football in general to the board table and that is what I will do.

I think he answers your question if you read the article?

“I must make it clear, however, that I will not be playing any role in the day-to-day running of the Club or the team. It’s the manager’s job to run the team and the chief executive’s job to run the Club’s affairs. The role I will fulfil is to bring my experience of Rangers and football in general to the board table and that is what I will do.

this is what i was afraid of. the man who brought anti football to the spl from the countries richest, biggest and best club.

this is what i was afraid of. the man who brought anti football to the spl from the countries richest, biggest and best club.

FFS!!! He won 21 trophies for us. His experience will help the club no end.

I'm not his biggest fan but open your eyes. We need a guy like him.

it will depend on his role.

It depends on personal opinion as to whether it "depends on his role" (if that makes sense). I like the news of his appointment regardless of his role as it is a real symbolic seal of approval for the Charles Green regime. He has slowly been winning people over but he always needed something like this to really cement his position in the eyes of the vast majority I believe. One thing that really puts any potential heavy investors off is the prospect of any uncertainty, unrest or disharmony. Walter brings massive credibility and stability to the Charles Green ship and that should not be underestimated in my eyes. We have missed it for so long. That is why I'm happy even if he is polishing the boots.

Kuznetsov, this may be too personal a question, but are you not getting any these days or something? Often a problem shared is a problem halved. You can tell me - I'm a doctor!

can someone tell me why this is good news? walters football philosophy was out of date. what is he going to bring? he is too nice to go gung-ho in the press against our enemies. he wont be doing that. i dont get it. so what will his role be? i dont want ally asking him how to play 4-5-1 or how to show respect to mediocre opposition. in fact i dont want ally asking him anything about football. if this has anything to do with the football side of our club then its a backwards step.

i suggest you read the statement again regarding his involvement in the football side of things. Personally i think hes there to help sell shares. His appointment will bring some credibility to the boardroom, something they have struggled with given the constant negative media attention by certain quarters.