SKY will dictate league reconstruction..........

I don't see the SPL having that much of an influence on proceeding this time around they caved to Sky in last round of negotiations and imo their position hasn't got any stronger since then, poor attendance figures and viewing figures indicate a loss in interest (outwith our games)

I think this time we may see major reconstruction and hopefully the end of SPL as we know it.

Reconstruction will be dictated by SKY & the SPL.

The SFL will fight tooth & nail to ensure common sense etc, but ultimately it will be the other 2. Any reconstruction will be done purely with the SPL teams in mind - they will be the one who will benefit the most, yet its the smaller teams who need the most help.

I believe if the finances are distributed more evenly, with a better league setup you will see the smaller teams flourish. They will hopefully then start to provide a sensible route for young talent to get into the game & promote more home grown players.

If we were still in the top division I would agree with you 100%, but Longmuir knows he has the biggest draw in Scottish football in his league and so do Sky and that's a big hand he holds.

Ultimately, the SFA are the body in charge of Scottish football.....they are the one who should have the power to push through any change. If the SP don't like it...the SFA could simply refuse to acknowledge their existence - that would then rule them out of UEFA/FIFA competition.

Trouble with the SFA is they have too many people working for them who have a direct link to member clubs nobody in the SFA should have a position at a member club.

Change is coming in Europe, big clubs from the various leagues round Europe will form a Super Premier League and some of the other clubs will form into smaller regional Leagues, with play-off's for promotion in to the Super League imo.

Rangers and Vhermin will eventually join a British League or regional Atlantic style league.

So what about the SPL then? Where's the commitment from the Scum to their equally Scum friends about the long term viability for of the SPHELL?

The SFLis the only sure bet for the long term sustainability of a Football League in Scotland.

Sometimes you have to wonder where the motivation will come for a European League. England are doing fantastically well without it and get their European kicks from the CL. Germany and Spain are also doing very well without it. Italy are never really that interested in Europe and usually have a low turn out for CL games compared with domestic stuff. And France don't seem to be too bothered at all.

The people that want to push for is most are the big clubs in small countries, like the top Dutch, Portuguese, Belgian, Greek teams and the Old Firm.

There's a host of other teams from small countries that would be interested in it but they don't seem to be drivers - like Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Austria, Switzerland etc.

I think we've missed the boat in joining the EPL and so an Atlantic league is all that's left but the problem there is the fight for qualification for the CL between those clubs and the clubs that stay in the top domestic league.

Also, playing the likes of Braga, Malmo, FC Twente, FC Copenhagen and Brugge isn't going to get the stadium bursting at the seems at £40 a ticket (with almost no away fans), and isn't really going to get people in a rush to buy an expensive TV subscription (and the same in other countries with the likes of Hearts or Motherwell).

So I may be wrong but I don't see enough powerful clubs getting in on the act to force change. They are mostly doing too well right now.

i dont see it. celtic seem to be growing and progressing well. their am today was apparently very healthy. seems they may not need us afterall.

Ha Ha you mean our AGM there was more questioned asked about us than anything to do with them, and Liewell said they will take a financial hit with us not in the SPL.