No spending spree in January.

Only a handful of EPL teams are better and that league is overrated anyway. Are you saying that Charlton's XI is better than that??:confused: Away you go!!! That team ON ITS DAY is easy a good side!!

Even someone on medication can see that!!! :yawn:

Sorry to be a pedant Gribz but you initially said that your team on its day is "as good as there is in the UK" and now you justify it by comparing it to the team sitting at the BOTTOM of the EPL.

Just some teams that would still comfortably (hypothetically) beat that 11 of yours.... Celtic (yep, afraid so), Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool - and I would also be tempted to include teams like Everton, Villa and Spurs as well as a few others.

But if you think that your team is as good as there is in the UK then I think we will have to agree to disagree.

Then you go on to change your whole argument - your 2nd paragraph now says that your team is "easy a good side". Why is it to be ? A good side or as good as there is in the UK ? Because it definitely isnt the latter.

See, nowhere did I say it wasn't a good 11 - but it is a long way short of being as good as there is in the UK !!!

Fook me! What part of ON THERE DAY do people not read!!

Yes i understand that this team isnt going to start on sunday but IF everyone was on peak then that team would be superb!!

Yea, but we've seen this season that quite a few of those players, on the basis of the best they've played for us so far, just aren't good enough. Lots of those players you've listed don't seem to be any better than average. Its not like they've all shown something that gives us hope there's more to come from them for example.

Take Sebo for example. He's not done anything yet that makes me think he's worth 1.8M. I will say, in his favour, that he's not been helped by the fact that he's not had a good run in the team, but he's not even done anything special in the games he's played to make us thing he's anything special.

J-Rod sums up just how much of an average player the Gers support have come to accept as being good enough for us. He's been "improving" since he arrived and I can't believe how patient he's been.

Novo? He's a trier and is typifying the sort of effort we need on the pitch just now, but has he ever been better than an average striker for us? I don't think so, not even after he first signed for us.

If everyone was on their peak, we'd still be left with a crap defence in front of Klos and a pair of strikers who really lack composure and a decent touch.

Sorry to be a pedant Gribz but you initially said that your team on its day is "as good as there is in the UK" and now you justify it by comparing it to the team sitting at the BOTTOM of the EPL.

Just some teams that would still comfortably (hypothetically) beat that 11 of yours.... Celtic (yep, afraid so), Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool - and I would also be tempted to include teams like Everton, Villa and Spurs as well as a few others.

But if you think that your team is as good as there is in the UK then I think we will have to agree to disagree.

Then you go on to change your whole argument - your 2nd paragraph now says that your team is "easy a good side". Why is it to be ? A good side or as good as there is in the UK ? Because it definitely isnt the latter.

See, nowhere did I say it wasn't a good 11 - but it is a long way short of being as good as there is in the UK !!!

Well if your going to be picky, for a start there is 134 teams playing top flight football in the UK so id class a team that is in the top 10 as a few :rolleyes:

Im sure Mansfield, Bury and Shrewsbury would scream for that XI.

I still believe that that XI ON THERE FOOKIN DAY would be superb. They have all performed at a level to suggest they could! Ok they arent delivering just now but on a one off id back that team all the way

Novo? He's a trier and is typifying the sort of effort we need on the pitch just now, but has he ever been better than an average striker for us? I don't think so, not even after he first signed for us.

Novo - exactly - a trier. But a trier who is played well out of position. And people now think he isnt good enough coz he is being played where he is. Who is to say he wont come good after a run of 15 games through the middle???

Probably the same way i class Ferguson! He bugs the shit out of me when he plays deep, but on his day when he goes forward he is a class player and is very effective.

Novo - exactly - a trier. But a trier who is played well out of position. And people now think he isnt good enough coz he is being played where he is. Who is to say he wont come good after a run of 15 games through the middle???

Probably the same way i class Ferguson! He bugs the shit out of me when he plays deep, but on his day when he goes forward he is a class player and is very effective.

Totally agree that he's been played out of position. I'd like to see him and Boyd given a chance to form a partnership and get a good run of games together. But even when we signed him and he did score those goals in his first season here, I never thought he was anything better than a a decent player and although I would play him, I still didn't think he was the penalty-box striker that we so badly needed. That's why I'd like to see him and Boyd play together.

Well if your going to be picky, for a start there is 134 teams playing top flight football in the UK so id class a team that is in the top 10 as a few :rolleyes:

Im sure Mansfield, Bury and Shrewsbury would scream for that XI.

I still believe that that XI ON THERE FOOKIN DAY would be superb. They have all performed at a level to suggest they could! Ok they arent delivering just now but on a one off id back that team all the way

See, even that 134 teams argument holds no water because you said that your 11 was as good as there is - which is not a statement that they are top 10 but that they would be #1 or at least on a par with the best - and the fact is Gribz, it wouldn't be !

See the thing with this "on their day" argument is that to have a decent comparison you need to also assume the teams you are comparing them against are "on their day" too - otherwise you are comparing apples with oranges. And your 11 on their day wouldn't even come close to the teams I listed above on their day (Celtic excepted).

And do you really want that 11 "on their day" ? Because that is a suggestion that you would love to see them play excellent once or twice together but are then happy to accept the abject pish they put out for the next 5 games because they lack consistency.

I think we are arguing/debating for the sake of it here.

Simply put, I disagree with your synopsis that your 11 would be as good as any other in the UK. You think otherwise and that is your prerogative my man - but if you would be comfortable with that defence coming up against the top strikers in the UK then yikes.......

See, even that 134 teams argument holds no water because you said that your 11 was as good as there is - which is not a statement that they are top 10 but that they would be #1 or at least on a par with the best - and the fact is Gribz, it wouldn't be !

See the thing with this "on their day" argument is that to have a decent comparison you need to also assume the teams you are comparing them against are "on their day" too - otherwise you are comparing apples with oranges. And your 11 on their day wouldn't even come close to the teams I listed above on their day (Celtic excepted).

And do you really want that 11 "on their day" ? Because that is a suggestion that you would love to see them play excellent once or twice together but are then happy to accept the abject pish they put out for the next 5 games because they lack consistency.

I think we are arguing/debating for the sake of it here.

Simply put, I disagree with your synopsis that your 11 would be as good as any other in the UK. You think otherwise and that is your prerogative my man - but if you would be comfortable with that defence coming up against the top strikers in the UK then yikes.......

Now your being silly. Of course if you were to pick ANY XI then that team isnt going to be picked when greats like Rooney and Henry are about, but thats the best XI (IMO) that Rangers can field. So that statement about 134 teams is valid coz you can only pick from what you have got!

But yes the ON THERE DAY argument is only valid IF those players play to there potential and all click - i.e. Arsenal 2004.

That's the great thing, these are all opinions and its sparking debate. The only thing I'd disagree with is the "on their day bit". In this particular instance, some of those players in that XI you mention have been nothing better than average, even when they've been "on their day" for us.

Now your being silly. Of course if you were to pick ANY XI then that team isnt going to be picked when greats like Rooney and Henry are about, but thats the best XI (IMO) that Rangers can field. So that statement about 134 teams is valid coz you can only pick from what you have got!

But yes the ON THERE DAY argument is only valid IF those players play to there potential and all click - i.e. Arsenal 2004.

Your 134 statement still isn't valid Gribz. I am not talking about picking ANY XI - I am talking about your chosen starting 11 versus the chosen starting 11 of any other club - and there are at least a half dozen teams (as I mentioned) that have a stronger starting 11 than the one you mentioned.

But anyway.... we are debating for the sake of it now.

Off out this weekend ?

That's the great thing, these are all opinions and its sparking debate. The only thing I'd disagree with is the "on their day bit". In this particular instance, some of those players in that XI you mention have been nothing better than average, even when they've been "on their day" for us.

and whos fault is it that he plays deep?Not his thats for sure. Mcleish made that mistake but leguen seems to be on the right track with him.