Breaking news: BTC - Rangers appeal successful

Shorerd Bear you have summed up how I feel tonight.

The big question for me has always been why did they choose our club as a test case for football clubs? Who took that decision?

The whole thing stinks.

I watch with interest what unfolds.

Well the decision was correct but it seems we were guilty until proven innocent and we have been screwed over by this attitude.

As has been said I'm still mad about how this has all turned out and with all the shite that has been put across inaccurately.

The Rangers Supporters Trust welcomes today’s decision by the First-Tier Tax Tribunal as a victory for common-sense and fairness.

The decision blows any attempt to strip titles from the club by the SPL out of the water. We call on the SPL to drop these ill-conceived and vindictive proceedings immediately.

Sadly the facts of the case have often been obscured by hysteria and pandering to prejudice by various parties, including governing bodies of football, who chose to take advantage of circumstances to pursue their own agendas.

This whole process has come at considerable expense and questions must be asked at its conclusion as to whether it was in the public interest to commit large amounts of time, money and resources to a legal tax-planning scheme.

The RST calls for a full and transparent public enquiry into the whole process with emphasis on the decision makers at HMRC and their motives and also a full criminal investigation into the steady flow of confidential information that made its way from HMRC into the media and onto faceless online blogs.

The club spent roughly £250,000 a year on administering the EBT scheme to make sure it was legally and financially sound and that advice has proven to be correct.

Rangers have suffered great damage as a result of the chain of events sparked by a “fishing-trip” by HMRC - their behaviour and that of several other parties - Lloyds Bank, the Murray Group, Duff & Phelps and the SPL - should now be examined by the relevant authorities.

An excellent statement which should be followed through by the relevant parties such as the First Minister himself.

Traynor, it has to be said, has been bang on the money for months in terms of calling out the cowards and liars involved in this affair.

I agree, I retweeted an article he wrote in Feb this year where he stated these were loans due to the player estate. I found it whilst having a wee search last night.

Yes but it became a debt in the eyes of the SPL, media and our enemies. Guilty before trial, fact instead of possibility.

D&P HAD to put in a figure. The only way a sale would be possibly would be to have all outstanding debts. They had to put worst case. The mhedia, SPL, SFA et al DIDN'T HAVE to take that as culpability.

But we all know WHY they did.