Chris Graham - That was just fine by me - different slant.

First of all I would have posted this in the Fury-Spiers thread, but that one is going off in a slightly different direction for what I want to say.

I notice a lot of people are saying why didn't Chris go for the jugular with Spiers (excuse me if I don't use the nicknames, but I find them as annoying as Spiers). I disagree. If you watch Spiers right from the start and compare it to previous times he has appeared he is not the pompous prick waiting for his slot. This time he is there on the defensive and he knows it. Anyone who thinks he hasn't prepared his rhetoric before he came on is missing a key component I believe. He was prepared for being attacked as he has been on phone-ins this week i.e. "you do yourself and yours club's victory a disservice by coming on here and trying to make out we were all against you [pompous 'Gallowayesque' voice then cut off the caller]".

What he struggles with is someone who is an academic and articulate with researched intelligence on the 'subject matter'. You see, he has gotten by on radio stations like RC with that upper class droll, and people get duped by that, when in actual fact he actually is no more researched than say - Gordon Dalziel.

I'm not academic and am too long in the tooth to ever be now (come from an age when you left school at 16 to get an apprenticeship). That's why 'I get' Chris' approach. If I was on there I would have gone for the jugular with this little shit who meant my Club so much harm, but I would have played into his hands - because that's what he was prepared for. Watch him shift in his seat because there is calm around him and he can't impress the nation with his articulate defence in the face of aggression. Chris and Neil Patey just smiled at him - HE WAS ISOLATED and it was so obvious.

To attack him now shows our hand. What's our rush? By God we've waited a long time for this. These people want us to attack with venom so that they can put their usual spin on events. There is an old adage that is fitting to me in how we should approach this - 'Revenge is sweet - but it's best served COLD'.

Chris caught Spiers cold last night (intentional or not I don't care) by keeping calm and not allowing Spiers to put his pre-planned defence into action. That's what drew out the BLATANT lie that was proven today. Theres plenty of time to hit back but we do it ON OUR TERMS NOW when the time is right.

I personally think our man Chris is a breath of fresh air. It's good to see a Rangers man who can bite when cornered but who can 'out-articulate' the supposed articulate.

You've got my vote every time Chris. A real good Rangers man.

Edited by Anchorman

I'm glad he didn't he could have looked like a crackpot only interested in retribution.

he did well.

I am glad he didn't too. Last night was not about Speirs but about us. No need to give him a platform to feed his already huge ego.

Totally agree. Also if Chris had gone at him hard there's a chance he wouldn't be invited back onto national TV as it would have been seen by the producers as an attack which they don't want, they want reasoned debate and Chris gave the, that in a very well mannered way

He boxed clever, looked smart and have us all a moment we have waited for for years. I got goose pimples when the camera panned on Spiers, you could see him wanting the ground to swallow him up.

Chris played it perfectly. He got his dig in early and Spiers clearly didn't expect it which is why he put his head down and tried to think of a response.

A response that was clearly erroneous given the evidence widely available.

Thus Chris didn't need to say anything else. He'd made his point and there was other stuff to discuss.

Chris played it perfectly. He got his dig in early and Spiers clearly didn't expect it which is why he put his head down and tried to think of a response.

A response that was clearly erroneous given the evidence widely available.

Thus Chris didn't need to say anything else. He'd made his point and there was other stuff to discuss.

Interestingly, last evening on Radio Snyde; a caller came on and nailed Spiers as a liar and hoped Murray and Rangers would pursue him legally. He was not cut-off, nor dismissed. Jim ra Tim Delahunt(the objective Host of ra Show) said, "Mr Spiers can look after himself".

Statement of fact or hung out to dry? Looking at Spiers body language at the beginning of Scotland Tonight, I suspect he knows he has overstepped the mark and is worried at the CONSEQUENCE of this deliberate loss of discipline.