tomorrows record - bdo to sue tax man.

Daily Record speaks ...

Official probe launched into demise of Rangers as ex-director Paul Murray warns people will 'pay' for destroying club

29 Nov 2012 07:33

ACCOUNTS firm BDO will look into the liquidation of the Ibrox club in the aftermath of Craig Whyte's £15m unpaid PAYE bill with criminal prosecutions a real threat.

LIQUIDATORS have officially launched a full-scale probe into the circumstances surrounding the sinking of Rangers which could lead to criminal prosecutions and legal cases worth tens of millions of pounds.

Record Sport revealed last week London accounts firm BDO had agreed to hunt down those responsible for the demise of the Ibrox club, forced under when former owner Craig Whyte ran up almost £15million in unpaid PAYE.

Former director Paul Murray called on BDO to carry out the investigation as a matter of urgency and insisted any suspected â??guilty partiesâ? should be hauled into court and pursued for damages.

Murray said the inquiry should stretch back as far as three years to include the circumstances surrounding Whyteâ??s takeover, the Big Tax Case bill and the conduct of other key players Donald Muir, Lloyds Bank, Ticketus, lawyers Collyer Bristow and administrators Duff and Phelps.

Murray, quizzed for more than two hours yesterday, said: â??I have every confidence that they are going to look at this properly and professionally.

â??As a result of this meeting I feel heartened and encouraged because these are proper people who are professionally diligent and it is clear to me they already have a grasp on the details surrounding what has gone on at the club over the last two or three years.

â??It is crucial they find out who is responsible for the destruction of a Scottish institution then make these people pay for their actions.â?

Yesterday Rangers chief executive Charles Green blamed the resulting 18 months of uncertainty for the liquidation of the club.

He said: â??The thing that turned many people against Rangers, quite wrongly in my opinion, was the spectre of EBTs and to have that case awarded in favour of

Murray Group has been a substantial step.

â??What we shouldnâ??t start getting carried away with is that this club would still have gone into administration. However, when the verdict came out would have changed things dramatically but my job now is to take the club forward.

â??If a CVA had gone through we would still be playing in the SPL and perhaps even in Europe. It does get you really annoyed to think all of this hate and all the problems the fans have had to endure were for no real reason.

â??We are where we are. We have said we will do what we said weâ??d do â?? and what Ally said heâ??d do â?? get the team out on the park week in week out and get promotion and work our way to the top division â?? whatever that top division is called.â?

... half-truth again (underlined bit in sub-headline), carefully implanting the thought that "the club" is being liquidated. These people should be barred from Ibrox as long as these slurs and incorrect reports continue.

It is not about the news as such, but the constant drip about the "club" being liquidated, neatly tucked in between the news.

I'd tell them that since "the club is being liquidated" according to them, there is no Rangers there to provide e.g. the DR with football games, reports, and interviews.

It is not about the news as such, but the constant drip about the "club" being liquidated, neatly tucked in between the news.

I'd tell them that since "the club is being liquidated" according to them, there is no Rangers there to provide e.g. the DR with football games, reports, and interviews.

And that would play right into the hands of those who believe we have no history. Pointless IMO.

Can't understand nor follow that line of thought.

So you are saying that we should tell the press "there is no Rangers to provide you with football games" ? That suggests it is a new club, which suggests the loss of history.

You may be comfortable with telling them that but I wouldnt.

So you are saying that we should tell the press "there is no Rangers to provide you with football games" ? That suggests it is a new club, which suggests the loss of history.

You may be comfortable with telling them that but I wouldnt.

My sarcasm - or rather the sarcasm I would show to them if they happen by after telling the world of "the liquidation of the club" - has apparently escaped you. Either they get their facts right or they get their own medicine.

The thing is all the haters of everything Rangers really believe we are a new club,this used to annoy me and still irks me a wee bit,however it also makes me smile when I hear anyone saying it as they are just making an arse of themselves,they are in denial and they are wrong,having said all that the club itself should be taking every opportunity to remind the idiots who keep repeating their nonsense. 54 & counting.