honestly, because it is adidas. i buy so much adidas stuff you could say i am a tad obsessed with them. i believe they are the best of the best. many many of the worlds top clubs are with adidas, they cant all be wrong. every top club in the world are either adidas or nike except us and maybe 1 or 2 others. there is no comparison imo.

I completely agree with this.... but it also means you are biased. Which is fine. It also means that you will put as much of a pro-Adidas or anti-Puma slant on what you are saying.

I dont really agree with your suggestion on global branding, I think it mostly comes down to that base of base issues... MONEY. Who offers most wins, in most cases.

I do agree when it comes to Adidas in terms of manufacturing quality and design. These days I buy almost exclusively Adidas, other than, as I said, my Nike running shoes. I love the quality of Adidas.

I just dont necessarily agree that it would enhance our global branding as much as you think. I still see fans as being loyal to their team regardless of manufacturer and that many neutrals dont even bother buying. Given the price of tops these days it is hardly unfathomable to think that unless you support a team you wont buy a top.

pointless comparison mate

that is where individual clubs prestige comes into it. hearts have just started with adidas but neither club have the same pull rangers or celtic have. i dont see why a shop in hong kong would stock an aberdeen strip made by adidas but i could see why it would stock a rangers one. also their deals with adidas are to make exclusivity to the clubs themselves. their official kits cannot be sold abroad.

also that will be why adidas themselves said rangers would be their biggest club after losing liverpool and real madrid. (which of course is nonsense but it shows you they want us for a reason $$$$$$$)

here is a cracking quote from aberdeen on adidas.

"In addition, being able to secure a direct partnership with a global brand leader demonstrates our desire of where we wish to position the Club. Over the last few years many clubs have secured deals through secondary suppliers but this was something we were keen to move away from if we could, but only on the basis that we could land a market-leading brand with a reputation for quality. In adidas we have secured what we all believe to be the number one brand in football and for a Club such as ourselves, this is a hugely significant announcement."

adidas like rangers are simply the best.

You sure it wasnt Charles Green that said that we would be Adidas biggest club ?

no.

See, shows you how much you really know doesnt it. One simple statement and it has you suggesting I am anti-English.... you couldnt be more wrong if you actually tried. I actually was born in England, Salisbury Plains to be exact which is pretty much in the Heart of England and my first ever kit was the England one made by Admiral that Keegan wore (horizontal stripes) - and I have no animosity towards England or English people at all. So I would appreciate you not suggesting I am anti-English.

I would garner a guess that they went with Nike because more money was offered. I dont think for a minute that they were thinking of brand limitations. They may have, I dont know. But likewise you dont know they didnt go with the most cash offered, which lets face it, is what talks in football these days.

How many of those sell though ? Do you stand in the official store all day and count the jerseys flying off the rack ? Just because they are stocked doesnt mean they are selling. And when you see them on the street you dont know if they are official or fake without going right up to the person and inspecting their top, and I doubt you do that.

Yes, I want Adidas. Who wouldnt ? That doesnt mean that I cant disagree with your post about your justification of Adidas or slating of Puma.

I am honest enough to say that I want Adidas for purely personal reasons - I like the style of their kits, I like the quality of their tops and I am, mostly, an Adidas fan (other than Nike running shoes). But my reasons are personal and I admit them. You seem to be trying to put a slant on it that it would be for purely business reasons rather than your personal preference.

I am happy to stand corrected though, when you show us the proof of what you say :D

i meant sarcastically. haha i was looking for an eye rolling smilie. :D sorry craig.

oh i know how they work. they knew what they were doing getting shot of umbro and going with nike. its a no brainer for any club with ambition. man city have done the same too. they ended their deal with umbro this year and are going with nike.

my friend who worked in a spanish store for instance told me they sold quite a few celtic ones and always had to get more stock. if shops dont sell a particular product, they dont stock it. if its in stock and doesnt sell, it wont be stocked again. so you are implying official sports stores are now selling fake strips? hahaha would jjb or sports direct sell fake strips? i doubt it. why would a shop abroad do it? that is almost racist. a shocking thing to imply in fact.

exactly, who wouldnt!

i dont mean to put any slant on it. i want it for my own reasons of course, i want adidas, but it would also be better for business if we went adidas. i am not trying to hide anything.

its based on me living abroad and playing football abroad, in more than one country too. i have seen what brands are successful in sports and which are not. adidas and nike sell, puma doesnt. any deal with puma will see celtic continue to dominate us in the merchandising and branding dept.

i didnt say i want to go nike just that they were better for worldwide exposue than your macrons, pumas and umbros.

i knwo what puma are.

rangers with umbro in the 21st century is embarrassing. umbo is a joke brand.

Look, your loyalty to Adidas is I'm sure celebrated by half the population of Herzogenaurach but it bewilders the fuck out of me. The Rangers kit could be made by Coco Chanel herself using only unicorn hair and it isn't going to sell very many more. For our strip to sell to people who aren't immediate supporters we need to be successful on the pitch. The reason half the 10 year old boys in the world wear a Barcelona top isn't because they love Nike or share the Catalan struggle for self determination, no, it's because Lionel Messi plays for them and they are rather good. I suddenly notice Man City strips being worn around these parts now, are you going to tell me that's because of Umbro's worldwide marketing genius or do you think it's because they won the league last season? (Umbro, imagine, what were they thinking!)

Whether it is Umbro, Puma, Adidas, Nike or fuckin Gola it will make hardly any difference to us in the grand scheme of things. If whoever can design a strip that's half decent looking that will help, if people like blue that'll help, but nothing will help shirt sales like winning the league, playing in Europe and developing exciting players.

I'm not down-playing the importance of merchandise, I understand why it matters to us and every other club, but you are vastly over-playing it. Whilst we are a lower league Scottish club the only thing that matters is who'll offer us the most money.

I completely agree with this.... but it also means you are biased. Which is fine. It also means that you will put as much of a pro-Adidas or anti-Puma slant on what you are saying.

I dont really agree with your suggestion on global branding, I think it mostly comes down to that base of base issues... MONEY. Who offers most wins, in most cases.

I do agree when it comes to Adidas in terms of manufacturing quality and design. These days I buy almost exclusively Adidas, other than, as I said, my Nike running shoes. I love the quality of Adidas.

I just dont necessarily agree that it would enhance our global branding as much as you think. I still see fans as being loyal to their team regardless of manufacturer and that many neutrals dont even bother buying. Given the price of tops these days it is hardly unfathomable to think that unless you support a team you wont buy a top.

and why shouldnt i? i want my club going with the best and i feel very strongly about it.

adidas is what adidas is, the best of the best.

i think it would.

rangers fans will always be loyal. we wore diadora and umbro tops for goodness sake! :( but we have to appeal to the wider public, we need to sell our club and brand to the world. puma cannot do it the same way adidas can. :thup:

Look, your loyalty to Adidas is I'm sure celebrated by half the population of Herzogenaurach but it bewilders the fuck out of me. The Rangers kit could be made by Coco Chanel herself using only unicorn hair and it isn't going to sell very many more. For our strip to sell to people who aren't immediate supporters we need to be successful on the pitch. The reason half the 10 year old boys in the world wear a Barcelona top isn't because they love Nike or share the Catalan struggle for self determination, no, it's because Lionel Messi plays for them and they are rather good. I suddenly notice Man City strips being worn around these parts now, are you going to tell me that's because of Umbro's worldwide marketing genius or do you think it's because they won the league last season? (Umbro, imagine, what were they thinking!)

Whether it is Umbro, Puma, Adidas, Nike or fuckin Gola it will make hardly any difference to us in the grand scheme of things. If whoever can design a strip that's half decent looking that will help, if people like blue that'll help, but nothing will help shirt sales like winning the league, playing in Europe and developing exciting players.

I'm not down-playing the importance of merchandise, I understand why it matters to us and every other club, but you are vastly over-playing it. Whilst we are a lower league Scottish club the only thing that matters is who'll offer us the most money.

i wont argue with that. there is truth in what you say but that is not what i am arguing against. man city have binned umbro, they are going with nike next year and will be even more popular even though that have a record worse than ours in european football.

of course it will make a difference.

i am over playing it up maybe because it can generate us as much income over a year as 40000 season tickets do! (not profit but revenue)

You sure it wasnt Charles Green that said that we would be Adidas biggest club ?

no, it was mr ahmad.

Ahmad told fans in Toronto: “Fingers crossed we will sign with adidas this week.

They said to me we’ve lost Liverpool and Real Madrid, Rangers will be the biggest club we have. We would have spots in adidas stores in North America. There are massive brand development opportunities.

Massive brand developments is correct though not the first bit. :D

Edited by kuznetsov

i meant sarcastically. haha i was looking for an eye rolling smilie. :D sorry craig.

oh i know how they work. they knew what they were doing getting shot of umbro and going with nike. its a no brainer for any club with ambition. man city have done the same too. they ended their deal with umbro this year and are going with nike.

my friend who worked in a spanish store for instance told me they sold quite a few celtic ones and always had to get more stock. if shops dont sell a particular product, they dont stock it. if its in stock and doesnt sell, it wont be stocked again. so you are implying official sports stores are now selling fake strips? hahaha would jjb or sports direct sell fake strips? i doubt it. why would a shop abroad do it? that is almost racist. a shocking thing to imply in fact.

exactly, who wouldnt!

i dont mean to put any slant on it. i want it for my own reasons of course, i want adidas, but it would also be better for business if we went adidas. i am not trying to hide anything.

No worries my man. The unfortunate side of internet... you cant tell tone in people's responses. I cant stand the English anyway ;)

I wasnt implying official stores sell fake gear at all. I was saying that on the street it is very difficult to tell the difference, just because you see a Celtic top doesnt mean it was bought at an official outlet. I am not even sure where you get the notion that I am suggesting that official outlets are selling fake gear. My point is somewhat proven (if we can ever get back to what I was ACTUALLY suggesting.... which was many tops abroad are fake - NOT that official outlets abroad are selling fake gear - in fact, there are plenty of fakes in the UK too...) in that Celtic admitted that millions of pounds worth of fake Celtic gear was taken off the market last year.

Oh I agree, who wouldnt. I would buy a TON of stuff for me and my kid if it were Adidas. But I just dont necessarily agree with some of your assertions, there is no guarantee that we would sell more with Adidas over Puma. Yes, it is likely, but not a certainty. Also, you have to look at the financial package as a whole - if Puma are paying us more than Adidas then that additional revenue may more than make up for the additional global branding.

exactly, who wouldnt!

No worries my man. The unfortunate side of internet... you cant tell tone in people's responses. I cant stand the English anyway ;)

I wasnt implying official stores sell fake gear at all. I was saying that on the street it is very difficult to tell the difference, just because you see a Celtic top doesnt mean it was bought at an official outlet. I am not even sure where you get the notion that I am suggesting that official outlets are selling fake gear. My point is somewhat proven (if we can ever get back to what I was ACTUALLY suggesting.... which was many tops abroad are fake - NOT that official outlets abroad are selling fake gear - in fact, there are plenty of fakes in the UK too...) in that Celtic admitted that millions of pounds worth of fake Celtic gear was taken off the market last year.

Oh I agree, who wouldnt. I would buy a TON of stuff for me and my kid if it were Adidas. But I just dont necessarily agree with some of your assertions, there is no guarantee that we would sell more with Adidas over Puma. Yes, it is likely, but not a certainty. Also, you have to look at the financial package as a whole - if Puma are paying us more than Adidas then that additional revenue may more than make up for the additional global branding.

Edited by craig